Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Report As Spam Button

New Poster

Report As Spam Button

Spam email arriving every few seconds incrementing into thousands! Spam filter is enabled, opened a ticket this morning with Comcast and still not fixed! any ideas?

New Poster

Re: Report As Spam Button

Create a rule in your client, search your email address and check against public forums, open an email with a 3rd party that wont evaporate when you switch providers... You know, the normal steps. Gmail's pretty good. 

Spam filter is only as good as you make it, you need to enter in your own keywords to filter and your own address filters, like every other email service. 

Opening a ticket wont do anything for you, this problem exists because your email was posted somewhere online either by you yourself or made public as part of something you signed up to join/receive. If it's as bad as you say, by the thousands, let the email account die. 

Or, if you wish to involve Comcast employees, here's the CSA info. (Google-able with terms as simple as "Comcast spam help")

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues.

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

**Signature: I'm rough around the edges and do not suffer fools, but I know enough to help. Don't be "that guy"; google first, ask questions later.
New Poster

thanks, already called that number and was told the "ticket is still being worked"......so I'll just change email addresses more than likely, and notify all my bill provider's, teachers, etc....of the new address.....thanks for the suggestion.

Frequent Visitor

New Poster

Your link didn't work. Can you send again please? Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

New Poster

Really though, honestly, I have no idea why people use ISP-provided emails. They don't have great spam filtering, they're super-limited, and they're only good for as long as you can keep from getting fed up with the provider and switching. 

Gmail has innumerable advantages over any ISP email address. 

**Signature: I'm rough around the edges and do not suffer fools, but I know enough to help. Don't be "that guy"; google first, ask questions later.
Frequent Visitor

RATS....  i guess the URL is too long and gets cut off.  After the email/td add  -p/2545986

Frequent Visitor

ARRRR....  Here is the actual post I was refering to by BruceW:

Re: filter emails

Create a folder with a name like "NotInContacts" to hold the rejected mail. Then, in Email Filters (Preferences / Email /  Email filters), define this filter:

If   [Address in]   [From]   [not in]   [Contacts]   [File into folder]   [NotInContacts]

Hope this helps you......robedglow1

New Poster

Thanks robedglow1 !!! At this point, i'll probably use an old gmail address that I was no longer using. I was really receiving no spam until late yesterday afternoon & i've never even really had to add anyone to my contacts list & make filters. just don't have time for all of that. I appreciate your efforts! have a great evening!!

New Poster

Thanks! Going back to an old gmail address i had!!

New Poster

This worked perfectly!!! Thanks!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation