Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Replying all and including email attachments

Regular Visitor

Replying all and including email attachments

I frequently get emails from one person with a second person copied, and these include one or more attachments. I want to reply all and include these attachments with my reply. In the old email, it was a very simple process. I got switched to new mail (which I HATE, by the way) this week and I cannot find a way to include attachments when replying....I am having to forward, retype folks' names, etc.--and the forwarded attachments don't always work for the recipient. HELP! 

Email Expert

Re: Replying all and including email attachments

I tried with "Reply All" and the attachment does not appear.  However, when I chose the "Quick Reply All" link it worked.  Try that and see if it works for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I tried that just now using both Safari and Firefox browsers...it appears the attachments are there, but they don't accompany the email. Is there something else I need to click to include them?

Email Expert

I was using Chrome on my iMac when I did the first test.  I just tried again with Safari and the attachment does not show up even using "Quick Reply All". So I tried with Firefox, and that link is there, and it works.  The attachment shows as it should.   So I can only surmise it's a browser compatibility issue.  Try with Chrome if you have it and see if you can duplicate my result from the first test.  I'm running El Capitan.

I just noticed---------in Safari I don't get the "Quick Reply All" link, only Reply.  

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I don't have Chrome; use only Safari or Firefox on my iMac running OS X 10.9.5. Have you actually asked an intended recipient if they received the file you apparently attached? Because, while it does appear to be there on Firefox, it doesn't actually attach the file. I just tried again and it does. not. work. Have I mentioned how much I hate the new mail? Old mail worked just fine.

And in Safari I do get the Quick Reply All link.

If there's this much incompatibility between browsers, can't Xfinity FIX it?

Email Expert

Yes the attachment got to the other email address using Firefox.  The new format is still a work in progress.  I expect we will see more such issues before it's smoothed out.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you so much for trying to help. None of your solutions have worked for me; I actually downloaded Chrome and tried it there as well. The folks to whom I am trying to copy and attach confirm they did not receive the attachment on my every attempt, using quick reply all and reply all, across the three browsers (all of which are updated to the most current version). 

Please do everything you can to pass this up the line to those who can fix this issue. Why they got rid of the option to "include attachment?" from the prior version of email is BEYOND my comprehension. 

Thanks again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation