Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Removing spam filtering from a secondary account

New Poster

Removing spam filtering from a secondary account

The spam filtering for my primary account works well; however, it’s essentially worthless for my three secondary accounts.  Sometimes a message from a given sender shows up in the inbox; often the next time a message arrives from that sender, it ends up in the spam box.  I attempted to remove the spam setting from a secpndary account, but I got a message that it is a restricted account, so I could not change the spam setting.  Is there any way to work around this?  It‘s a pain to have to go to the spam folder and mark all the valid messages as ‚not spam‘.  

Expert

Re: Removing spam filtering from a secondary account

If it's a restricted account, then the Primary account holder has to go into "My Account" in the primary account and grant unrestricted status to the secondary.  You do that from My Account by clicking on Users at the top of the landing page, then clicking on "Edit" to the right of the account in question.  Scroll down to "My Account Permissions", and make sure Billing and Basic Access are both enabled.  That will make it an unrestricted account.  Then the secondary account holder should be able to disable Spam filtering if they want to.

New Poster

Re: Removing spam filtering from a secondary account

Latoque wrote:

If it's a restricted account, then the Primary account holder has to go into "My Account" in the primary account and grant unrestricted status to the secondary.  You do that from My Account by clicking on Users at the top of the landing page, then clicking on "Edit" to the right of the account in question.  Scroll down to "My Account Permissions", and make sure Billing and Basic Access are both enabled.  That will make it an unrestricted account.  Then the secondary account holder should be able to disable Spam filtering if they want to.

Yes; that worked.  Thanks a lot.

Wesley Aman