Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Remove addresses fro the "To" listing when composing.

Contributor

Remove addresses fro the "To" listing when composing.

I have numerous addresses listed when I click the "To" box when composing an email that are not in my address book. They are people that I have replied to or sent an email to once. I contacted comcast@sv.comcast the beginning of April. I have saved more than 20 email from them (Plaxo) that state either it will take 24-48 hours to fix or state they have been moved to the next level of support. I have called Comcast Support at least 10 times and was told they will check on it and get back to me if a day or 2. This includes 3 people that said they were supervisors. Nobody has ever called back. Does any one have a telephone number for someone I can contact for a solution to the problem.

Contributor

Re: Remove addresses fro the "To" listing when composing.

Update. I finally got someone at Comcast support to fix this issue. Friday, 6/3/16, I called Comcast support. I got an agent, Jamal, that could not figure out how to fix the issue. Jamal got me to another agent that got it fixed in a minute. Jamal stayed on the line until he was sure I was connected to the second agent. I got an agent, Ernest, from the National Support Center. He fixed it right away. He then had me log back into the account that was having the problem. I checked the "To" listing and all the unwanted listings were gone. I sent an email to my gmail address that was not in my address book. It did not autofill to the "To" listing while composing. Ernest then gave me his direct phone number and extension in case the problem happened again. After 2 months many calls and many emails I finally got a couple of Comcast agents that finally addressed the problem. Thank you to Jamal and Ernest. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation