Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Recovering emails deleted fom trash

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Recovering emails deleted fom trash

I deleted emails from the trash on my phone and i want to retrieve them. Is this possible
Accepted Solution

Re: Recovering emails deleted fom trash

Sallykay,

I have sent you a private message to assist in resolving your issue.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Sallykay

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but once an e-mail is deleted from the trash bin there is no way of retrieving it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

Comcastcares wrote:

Sallykay

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but once an e-mail is deleted from the trash bin there is no way of retrieving it.

Actually that is not the case.  A new feature was introduced you may not be aware of a few months ago---------------------

You have a feature called “Recover Deleted Items”.  It appears only in the default Full version of XC.  It is intended to recover emails that you deleted to the Trash folder.  To see it, right-click on the Trash folder.  You will see a small pop-up menu, and the last choice at the bottom is “Recover Deleted Items”.  Click on it and it will open a window showing emails that you deleted.  It is supposed to go back 15 days, but may go back farther than that.  From that window you can restore emails to any folder you have.  Select the ones you want and then click on the little folder icon at the top of that window.  That will display all your folders, and you can move your selection to any one you want.

If the emails went missing for any other reason, the feature supposedly won’t show them.  E.G:  if your deletion schedules deleted them or you have a malware infection of some kind.

I just tried a little experiment------I went into my Trash folder and deleted a message I had deleted from my Inbox earlier today.  Then I tried the above described procedure and I was able to see the message I had just deleted from Trash and move it back to another folder.  It's worth a try at any rate.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Sallykay,

I have sent you a private message to assist in resolving your issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you for your suggestion.  It was able to recover some of my emails I deleted from my trash folder BUT only those I deleted when I was in my account on my PC.

I wasn't clear - I deleted emails from my trash folder on my phone to free up space- those emails disappeared from my PC....but they were not in the PC 's trash folder.

Any suggestions ? Thank you

New Poster

I have the same problem.  I am able to find the emails I deleted, but the above directions say that there is a little folder I can click on to restore the emails to any folder of my choice.  That folder is not there.  I accidentally deleted a whole subfolder of emails and I would like to get them back.  It's very frustrating to be able to see them but not retrieve them.

Thanks.  Tara.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation