Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Receiving other person's comcast email

Regular Visitor

Receiving other person's comcast email

I have contacted Comcast support at least 5 times over the past year about this, and each time they say "Rest assured" this issue is completely fixed this time. And each time, it is not.

I previously had a prior secondary email account (email 'B') that was forwarded to my main comcast account (email 'A'). I deleted the B account years ago. Last year around this time someone opened a comcast account with the same email address as my old account B. And I receive all of their emails- from the welcome email, password resets, warranty information on their house new appliances and HVAC system, registrations for mud-runs, etc., it goes on and on. I kow WAY too much about these people, and if my info was being sent to someone else randomly I would be mortified and want it to stop.

I tried Comcast many times, they have not been able to fix it. I have forwarded the emails with full headers to Comacst for evaluation, and each time they say they saw something that wasn't completely fixed before. But I always keep receving the emails.

I have emailed the new accountB owner directly, as an fyi, and never received a response (I would be skeptical as well). I still forward their monthly Comcast bill to them to let them know I still see ALL their emails.

Comcast's recent response was to create a folder and a rule for email addressB so all messages go to the folder, which I never have to look at. A completely unacceptable band-aid rather than a fix. 

I am ready to go to some news stations, and partner with new account ownerB with their local news stations if they are willing, to get attention on this issue,  see how many other people are experiencing this,  how many other people may be seeing our own emails, and possibly a refund/credit for this past year of service with cross-over email accounts.

Hoping someone else may have experience this and recevied a REAL fix, not a band-aid. 

Expert

Re: Receiving other person's comcast email

All  I can do is escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  I've heard of this happening but it's rare.  I don't know what the cause is.

Regular Visitor

Thanks 

Official Employee

Hi, Rog667 - The issue is definitely weird but I'd be happy to find out the cause. Could you please send me a private message with your name, address, phone number? I also need your email address and the email address that you keep receiving emails from. 

Official Employee

Thank you for the information, Rog667! I will need to investigate this issue further and reach out to other teams. I will follow up with you on Tuesday with my findings. 

Official Employee

@Rog667 - I sent you several private messages but haven't received a response. Please check your inbox and let me know if you have any questions.