Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Legitimate emails showing up in spam folder.

Most Valued Poster

Is there any place I can put an email address that I never want to show up as spam? I would like to set up a filter for it but I don't see a choice for always considering it safe. What kind of filter would I make?

Here is the issue: I use Outlook to download my mail and I never get sales/promotion emails from Leslies pool supplies  and yes they are set up as 'safe sender'.  I don't know  when they are coming and when I check Comcast webmail spam folder they are never there so I can't 'train' for them not to be spam. This has been going on for years. I also have them sent to a yahoo account  and they always show up there but I rarely use that account so I don't think to go look for  Leslies email often but when I do and I see one from Leslies I go to Comcast webmail spam folder but they are never there. I have checked with Leslies and I am definitely signed up with my Comcast email addy.

All I want is not to have that particular email addy/domain  be marked as spam in Comcast webmail. What can I do?

Email Expert

Try calling Comcast security.  If there is some kind of blocking in place due to prior spam issues with that domain they can tell you----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Latoque wrote:

Try calling Comcast security.  If there is some kind of blocking in place due to prior spam issues with that domain they can tell you----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

There were never spam issues with my email. They were wrong in blocking my email. All my outgoing mail is checked and I have never sent spam and I have plenty of cleaning tools to keep spam out of my email before I download them from Comcast server. I just want to be able to mark a sender as SAFE like I can in Outlook.

Email Expert

You do have a "Safe List" in your "My Account" pages.  But it doesn't work the way most people think it does.  When you enable the Safe List in Comcast, the only emails you will get are those from people/contacts you deliberately put on the list.  NOTHING ELSE will get through to your Inbox.  Besides, the issue isn't with your email per se------it's the incoming domain of that sender that may have a block on it.  That's why you should call security and have them look at it.  If there is a block, it won't matter how you have Outlook set because the email isn't getting past the server level.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Latoque wrote:

You do have a "Safe List" in your "My Account" pages.  But it doesn't work the way most people think it does.  When you enable the Safe List in Comcast, the only emails you will get are those from people/contacts you deliberately put on the list.  NOTHING ELSE will get through to your Inbox.  Besides, the issue isn't with your email per se------it's the incoming domain of that sender that may have a block on it.  That's why you should call security and have them look at it.  If there is a block, it won't matter how you have Outlook set because the email isn't getting past the server level.

Thank you and yes I got excited when I found the 'safe list' but then realized it won't help me. Its  not a really usable feature in my opinion because most of us have too many email contacts to populate that list easily and would have to remember to keep adding new ones. Not user friendly and I really wish Comcast would come up with have a 'safe sender' feature.  I will call about the sender domain. Thanks again

Email Expert

Just to add---------thinking about it, I can see where the Safe List could be of use under certain circumstances:

1)  Setting up a secondary account for a young child in the house, so that they can only get email from certain people like school mates, their grandparents and so on.

2)  Using an address to give only to certain people.  Maybe a list of people you work with, or a mailing list for a family reunion or something like that.

Remember----the primary and any secondary accounts you set up each have their own Safe List.

Just sayin.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

Latoque wrote:

Just to add---------thinking about it, I can see where the Safe List could be of use under certain circumstances:

1)  Setting up a secondary account for a young child in the house, so that they can only get email from certain people like school mates, their grandparents and so on.

2)  Using an address to give only to certain people.  Maybe a list of people you work with, or a mailing list for a family reunion or something like that.

Remember----the primary and any secondary accounts you set up each have their own Safe List.

Just sayin.

Using safe lists for those reasons makes perfect sense.  An option to mark senders as 'safe' is almost an email industry standard With Comcast we can mark as spam or not spam but we  can't mark as safe sender? Makes no sense.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation