Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Comcast.net email not receiving emails from certain domains.

Regular Visitor

I cannot receive my email from my second account STILL!  I have talked with them 5 times now and still cannot get it unless I keep clicking "Get external mail", then going into my other email accounts and the back to the 2nd one and hopefully I can get it then.  My last email was on 5/4/2015 and I am getting pretty disgusted.  When they do try and fix it, the last guy cut off my internet and telephone and I had to call back.  Then they told me that I had to call Microsoft to get my "IP" number.  They did not know what "IP" stood for.  Can you believe that?  I finally got it back online but still cannot get the email.  This time when I tried to access it, it sent a message about a failure and to send a report.  So I clicked on that. Hopefully someone that knows what they are doing can fix it and fix it right.

Official Employee

To clarify, you're having problems with a setting in your Xfinity Webmail where you configure it to fetch email from an external account?  Or are you saying one of your accounts is not receiving any mail from external entities?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

". . . cannot receive my email from my second account STILL!  

I have talked with them 5 times now . . ."

Please clarify, who is "THEM" in the original post?

I gather its probably Comcast, but I can't say conclusively for every reference in your post.

In the original location of the post, I am led to believe this was fixed.

I'm trying to discover whether this is the same issue I am seeing - and whether there is a solution that I can use. 

Why does every post attempt error out with "invalid html found" the first time or two?

Regular Visitor

Comcast finally got a manager on the chat with me and after an hour or more, she finally figured out what was wrong and fixed it.  It was nothing that I could have fixed at all.  I was receiving my email on my main account but not on my second address. I was online with Comcast people for 5 hours that day which is totally ridiculous.  But thanks to a knowing manager (which you have to fight to get to) the problem was finally solved.  You just have to keep at them until you get someone that actually can help you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation