Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: ARRIS/Motorola SB612X and SB6141 modem unauthenticated remote reboot vulnerability

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: ARRIS/Motorola SB612X and SB6141 modem unauthenticated remote reboot vulnerability

My internet has been out for a couple days. I've done all He troubleshooting, the lights on my modem are good. When I called in to Comcast the solution I was given is since I have a SB6121 that I own, don't lease, it needs to be replaced as Comcast Internet will not work with this modem. Is this actually true?
Official Employee

cbugfl wrote:
My internet has been out for a couple days. I've done all He troubleshooting, the lights on my modem are good. When I called in to Comcast the solution I was given is since I have a SB6121 that I own, don't lease, it needs to be replaced as Comcast Internet will not work with this modem. Is this actually true?

That is incorrect. Information on this can be found at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/SB6121-6141-End-of-Life-Details/td-p/27...

Are you directly connected to the modem (as opposed to being wireless) when testing your connectivity?

Contributor

Tried both wireless and wired. I pulled the power to reset, I did the reset through the my account app. Still not getting any data.
Official Employee

I'm able to see your modem online and ping it with successful responses.

I will escalate this post to have someone assist you further.

Contributor

Thank you