Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems with new upgrade

New Poster

Problems with new upgrade

Today I recieved a surey stating the email program was upgraded. Now everytime I deleted an email it returns to my inbox from the trash file. Plus now it's frustratingly slow loading. Anyone else noticed this?

New Poster

Re: Problems with new upgrade

I feel your pain. This latest email "downgrade" from Comcast has been nothing but trouble and awful customer service and finger pointing from Comcast. Last week I was "pushed" the upgrade with no warning. And to top it off, there was no "Send" functionality anywhere to be found as a result of the "downgrade". None!

.After being transferred to a total of 6 differnet reps, I finally got one who chuckled and said: "Oh yeah. The same thing happened last March when we tried to roll this out. What's your number and we'll call you back." Turns out it's a browser issue. The latest "downgrade" doesn't work with Chrome. So I'm the only Chrome user in San Francisco who has this problem? Apparently, according to Customer Service. "We haven't received any other calls about this problem, sir." Big Fat Liars.

Today, I can't get the cursor to move in the body of an email I'm writing. The only way to edit it, is to delete the text up to the point where I need to make the correction.

Shame on you Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

Can only agree with your statements on problems.   Very, very slow in responding.  No sound on the help film,  where the words on the screen were rather tiny for these old eyes.  What works today might not work tomorrow which says to me they are changing as rapidly as they can.  And which makes me believe they dumped on us  an error riden program on us for us to do their trouble shooting. 

Bring back the old system, at least it worked (most of the time) and I knew its limitations.  TDIRK

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the informaiton that you had the patience to eventually learn and share. I too am a Chrome user and this new e-mail is terribly slow and sometimes non-responsive. I also miss the ability to add a table to an e-mail; something that I used daily. Now I have to paste it into the e-mail as a jpeg or other format.

Regular Visitor

Agree with all the comments.............The "upgrade"??? is slower, all the way around.

Searching for emails is 3 steps now instead of one........look for older email in Inbox, then Sent, then Trash.........used to be able to search and all appropriate emails popped up no matter what file they were in.........UGH.

Opening attachments in composed emails to just double check the attachment???? impossible.....

Will probably move my email to Gmail if this keeps up.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation