Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem with specific test emails being received from my account to my account. 4-9-2017

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Problem with specific test emails being received from my account to my account. 4-9-2017

Sending test emails to my own email address from my installed email program, some are coming through and some are not. So I log into Comcast webmail and try sending test emails to myself through there, the same issue. The 2 test emails show sent (sitting in the Sent folder on webmail) but neither of those test emails are coming through to the Inbox. YouTube links to the latest HILARIOUS SNL of a certain political person clips are failing to make it through Comcast email tonight for some reason. All other YouTube links and regular email links, messages are working fine. What's going on? Anyone else having this problem?
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with specific test emails being received from my account to my account. 4-9-2017

Anon49240 wrote:

While this issue is still not resolved, I have found a workaround for what seems to be some sort of censorship of certain links at the ISP level.  Use a service such as TinyURL to modify the link you are attempting to send (you can even keep the identical subject line!) and the email immediately sends straight through.  Isn't that interesting?  Still, it does raise the red flag of why.  And, unless a person or business is CC'ing a copy of every single email to themself that is sent out, how would one ever know which emails Comcast is filtering out?  So, for now, the issue remains technically non-resolved.

Anon49240-

This original URLs should be ok now.  Messages containing them had been reported as spam enough times, that they were being treated as spam.  That's been reset now.

ComcastDaveL

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Re: Problem with specific test emails being received from my account to my account. 4-9-2017

While this issue is still not resolved, I have found a workaround for what seems to be some sort of censorship of certain links at the ISP level.  Use a service such as TinyURL to modify the link you are attempting to send (you can even keep the identical subject line!) and the email immediately sends straight through.  Isn't that interesting?  Still, it does raise the red flag of why.  And, unless a person or business is CC'ing a copy of every single email to themself that is sent out, how would one ever know which emails Comcast is filtering out?  So, for now, the issue remains technically non-resolved.

Official Employee

Anon49240 wrote:

Anon49240-

This original URLs should be ok now.  Messages containing them had been reported as spam enough times, that they were being treated as spam.  That's been reset now.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

Anon49240 wrote:

Anon49240-

ComcastDaveL

@ ComcastDaveL--------

Does that now mean that all the people who have been reporting those messages as Spam will now start getting them again?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for your reply ComcastDaveL.  Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation