Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem receiving emails

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Problem receiving emails

I am having a problem not reciving emails from certain senders. I am using Outlook with a Windows 10 desktop. The problem came up several years ago when we could not get emails from my wife's son in Japan. From a discussion here, I believe, I found that Comcast did not regard the son's ISP as "safe," perhaps because of spam amounts that Comcast identifed with that ISP. There was no notification from Comcast to us about the cause of the missing emails.

Now for the past 6 months or so, I have not been able to receive emails sent form a web-based book swapping service. When I complained to them, I got no reply. I then asked a fellow member of the service to send a message to the service. They responded that they suspected that Comcast was blocking the service's emails. I set up another email account-using gmail- but I have not gotten a reply from the service to emails I sent them using my new account. So maybe the problem is not Comcast in this case.

But perhaps my specualtion that the "problem" is possibly with Comcast guarding against mass emailing from a sender (without notifying its subscribers) is worth mentioning here.

Any thoughts on this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem receiving emails

I am answering my own post because I just got some new information. First, I found another post here that addressed the same issue that I was speculating about.That is, Comcast does block emails from senders whom it considers as a source of spam. The poster advised calling Comcast Security Assurance, which I just did. That call was disconnected after speaking to a rep who asked me to hold on. The rep asked me the email address of the service/sender in question. I told them to lok it up on Google. Meanwhile I went to ther sender's web site, and found the following message from them, to me:

"We're sorry you are having trouble getting our emails! There was a Comcast block, but they removed it on 1/3/2017.

We replied to your first message on 11/26/2016 10:59 AM ET -- that email was sent to the Comcast email address, and they probably blocked it.

We replied to your next message on 12/4/2016 12:29 PM ET -- that message was also sent to the Comcast email address, and they probably blocked it.

We replied to your third message on 12/25/2016 at 8:03 AM ET, and we sent that email to your gmail address, since you had changed your email address in your account settings.

The email we sent on Christmas Day said:

"We are sorry Comcast didn't get back to you! Please let us know if you do eventually hear from them. Hopefully changing your email address will solve the problem -- gmail usually handles our emails well. . . . . ."

So for me the problem now is why Comcast has been silent about their blocking activity-that silence has cost me a lot of inconvenience.Certainly blocking span should be a priority of theirs. But failing to notify their customers about missing emails from a suspected spammers says somebody at Comcast is not thinking of their customers' needs.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

I am answering my own post because I just got some new information. First, I found another post here that addressed the same issue that I was speculating about.That is, Comcast does block emails from senders whom it considers as a source of spam. The poster advised calling Comcast Security Assurance, which I just did. That call was disconnected after speaking to a rep who asked me to hold on. The rep asked me the email address of the service/sender in question. I told them to lok it up on Google. Meanwhile I went to ther sender's web site, and found the following message from them, to me:

"We're sorry you are having trouble getting our emails! There was a Comcast block, but they removed it on 1/3/2017.

We replied to your first message on 11/26/2016 10:59 AM ET -- that email was sent to the Comcast email address, and they probably blocked it.

We replied to your next message on 12/4/2016 12:29 PM ET -- that message was also sent to the Comcast email address, and they probably blocked it.

We replied to your third message on 12/25/2016 at 8:03 AM ET, and we sent that email to your gmail address, since you had changed your email address in your account settings.

The email we sent on Christmas Day said:

"We are sorry Comcast didn't get back to you! Please let us know if you do eventually hear from them. Hopefully changing your email address will solve the problem -- gmail usually handles our emails well. . . . . ."

So for me the problem now is why Comcast has been silent about their blocking activity-that silence has cost me a lot of inconvenience.Certainly blocking span should be a priority of theirs. But failing to notify their customers about missing emails from a suspected spammers says somebody at Comcast is not thinking of their customers' needs.

Official Employee

Hello,

Can you send us in a private message the domain that he is sending from that should be getting delivered? We may be able to clear the spam determination for the sender. Also, If you haven't done so enable spam foldering. This is to ensure that messages marked as spam get delivered to the spam folder rather than getting dropped. The link below shows how to enable this.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experienc...

Thanks

-Brandon

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

PM was sent. I have not received a reply.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation