Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Possible email scam

New Poster

Possible email scam

I recieved an email yesterday telling me "that if my billing information was not updated within 24 hours, if this is not done we shall blocked and suspend your account immediately. Please update immediately. " And it gave me a link to click on. I have been with Comcast for 25 years and never recieved an email like this. Our billing information is up to date as we pay our pill every month. And the customer service email had an outlook address. It ended with "Regards Comcast Mail Office!Mail 2017.  Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Possible email scam

Yes, there are thousands of e-mail scams just like that. Delete it and move on.

Silver Problem Solver

I have received similar. This is where a full browser on a real computer helps. The email looks legitimate, with logos and addresses. But if you hover your mouse over the one link (it usually shows on a status bar), it's obvious it is not going to Comcast!

Email Expert

sss7145 wrote:

I recieved an email yesterday telling me "that if my billing information was not updated within 24 hours, if this is not done we shall blocked and suspend your account immediately. Please update immediately. " And it gave me a link to click on. I have been with Comcast for 25 years and never recieved an email like this. Our billing information is up to date as we pay our pill every month. And the customer service email had an outlook address. It ended with "Regards Comcast Mail Office!Mail 2017.  Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Here's how to tell a legitimate Comcast email from the junk----------------------

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

You can report them to Comcast here--------------

https://constantguard.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation