Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Plaxo won't complete installation - VSTO file won't install

Frequent Visitor

Plaxo won't complete installation - VSTO file won't install

I am trying to install the Plaxo add-in for Outlook in Outlook 2013 on a W10 Pro PC. The installation fails at the last step with an error that says installation of the VSTO file failed. Plaxo shows up as installed in Control Panel, but does not appear to be working. I have tried installing Plaxo with VSTO uninstalled and get the same results.

I have tried this installation on two different machines with the same results. The second machine is WXP with Outlook 2010. Plaxo support has not replied to my requests for help. I want to get my contacts and calendar from my work account synced to Xfinity and my home PC as I am retiring soon and my network account at work will soon be shut down. At that time I will lose access to that information.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this situation?

Regards,

Bob

Regular Visitor

Re: Plaxo won't complete installation - VSTO file won't install

FWIW...I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever figure out a resolution?

Frequent Visitor

Yes. Check out my posts at this link. I have abandoned Plaxo entirely.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/What-s-Up-or-not-with-Plaxo/m-p/2854017#M173604

Regards,
Bob
Regular Visitor

FWIW - I contacted Plaxo today via chat, and they had me download a beta version of the Windows toolbar.

The toolbar has to be run under Admin rights.

When Outlook is run under Admin rights, everything works.  Howvever, normally I run under my personal user (with regular rights) just to be safe, and and that point Plaxo doesn't show up in Outlook  :-(

Frequent Visitor

Thx. Makes me feel better about switching to Outlook.com for calendar and contacts.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation