New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook cannot connect to the server.

Frequent Visitor

Outlook cannot connect to the server.

Hello all...

Just started receiving the following error this morning:

"Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxxxxxxxxx@comcast.net.  Error: Cannot connect to the server.  If you continue to receive the message, contact your server adminitrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

So... I'm just letting my ISP know.

No hardware changes, don't need to reset, unplug, or shake the voodoo doll 10 times, turn around, and spit.  blah blah blah.

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Outlook cannot connect to the server.

Same problem with my Outlook beginning yesterday.  A good hour on the line with a couple different Comcast people, including tech - to no avail. Now researching other solutions online.

New Poster

Re: Outlook cannot connect to the server.

My issue seemed to be that my Avast Internet Security default is to a "public" setting every time I signed in.  Switched it over to "private" and everything is good.  Unfortunately I have to do it manually each time I sign in, but that is something for Avast, who tell me that they can change the default but only if I use a fee based technical support. Ya, no.  Their days could be numbered on my computer.      

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation