Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook all of a sudden cannot receive emails from Gmail

New Poster

Outlook all of a sudden cannot receive emails from Gmail

I've had the same set-up for my Gmail in Outlook for five years.  Now, all of a sudden, it isn't working.  I get the following error message:

Task __________@gmail.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

Yesterday I changed from Century Link to Comcast.  But Gmail was working fine last night before I went to bed.  And my other two email accounts are working just fine in Outlook.  What's wrong?  I went into my Google Gmail account and tried to follow their instructions to verify some parameters hadn't changed on their end, but their instructions appear to come to an abrupt halt where instructions for Outlook were supposed to be.  Additionally, I went into "Other settings" or something, following and idea I found online, but turns out my settings were correctly configured in that case already. 

I sent an email from my Gmail account to my MFTM account.  Came thru.

I sent an email from my MFTM to my Gmail account.  Won't come thru.

I'm stumped.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation