Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A)

New Poster

Outlook Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A)

I tried disabling IPv6 as another forum answer suggested, but I still could not download my email from the server to Outlook 2003. It was not until I disabled Email Protection in Norton Security that I began receiving emails again. Norton offers a way to add email ports to their protection service, however, the two ports used by Comcast (993 and 587) cannot be added as they also are used by programs other than email. At least that's the error Norton reports when you try to add the ports. So I am left with permanently disabling the Email Protection to receive emails in Outlook 2003. Works for me. Hope this post helps save hours for some other user experiencing the same issue.

Norton Expert

Re: Outlook Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A)

Hello ,

Sorry to hear about the problem. Are you using IMAP for xfinity/comcast email? The ports you have mentioned seems to be for SSL encrypted connections. Norton Email Scan feature does not work if your SMTP or POP3 email port is an SSL-encrypted email port. Norton product supports all email programs that use non-SSL POP3 and SMTP communication protocols.

Harry

Norton Support

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation