Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook 2013

New Poster

Outlook 2013

I have used outlook for years with my comcast email.  Recently Comcast email and  Outlook will not work together.  I checked the settings and they are correct.  I even uninstalled my email and reinstalled it.  I have windows 7.  My husband has windows 10 and is experiencing the same problem.  A representative of comcast came by recently and said they had had an upgrade.  If this issue cannot be resolved we will have to switch internet providers becasue we use Outlook.  I was looking for a number to call Comcast on but can only find a number for internet connection issue.  Has anyone found a fix for this?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outlook 2013

Tess28 wrote:

I have used outlook for years with my comcast email.  Recently Comcast email and  Outlook will not work together.  I checked the settings and they are correct.  I even uninstalled my email and reinstalled it.  I have windows 7.  My husband has windows 10 and is experiencing the same problem.  A representative of comcast came by recently and said they had had an upgrade.  If this issue cannot be resolved we will have to switch internet providers becasue we use Outlook.  I was looking for a number to call Comcast on but can only find a number for internet connection issue.  Has anyone found a fix for this?

The phone number is 1-800comcast.

Which version of Outlook are YOU using?  Please post both all the settings YOU are using in Outlook as well as all the settings your husband is using in Outlook 2010.

Are you using POP Servers or IMAP servers?

Pop Settings:

Incoming Server: mail.comcast.net

Port: 995 with SSL  ON

Outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net

Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL  ON

This server requires Authentication must be checked ( found under the server tab)

IMAP settings:

Incoming server: imap.comcast.net

Incoming Port is 993 with SSL ON

Outgoing server remains smtp.comcast.net

Port is 4675 with SSL ON

Port 993 with SSL ON

Which browser/version are both of you using?  Have you cleared your cache?  Have you tried a different browser, just to test?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation