Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook 2007 with Comcast IMAP account

New Poster

Outlook 2007 with Comcast IMAP account

I use Outlook 2007 with a Comcast IMAP account. I have no complaints about the Comcast service, I need assistance in setting up the Navigation Pane. When I open outlook the folder with my inbox is closed and there are several inbox folders in <name>@comcast.net, persomal folder and Favorite folder.the mail account seems to work just fine but this Navigation Pane-Menu issue is very irritating. Any suggestion will be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Outlook 2007 with Comcast IMAP account

You need to go into the account setting on Outlook in the avanced setting section and pick which startup folder you want.  It will then open with that folder open every time you open outlook.

Been a long time since I used 2007 but I think it is under the following:

Customize Outllook today button
Choose Folders button

Choose the folder you want to show on open and save

Or

Click File, Choose Options, Click on advanced options. 

Click the browse button next to open outlook in this folder.

Service Expert

OldLightman wrote:

I use Outlook 2007 with a Comcast IMAP account. I have no complaints about the Comcast service, I need assistance in setting up the Navigation Pane. When I open outlook the folder with my inbox is closed and there are several inbox folders in <name>@comcast.net, persomal folder and Favorite folder.the mail account seems to work just fine but this Navigation Pane-Menu issue is very irritating. Any suggestion will be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Have you gone to View/Navigation Pane?  I only have one account set up in Outlook 2007 for "checking" purposes [for this forum] and under Navigation Pane I have "Normal" and "Favorite" Folders checked.  I see the list of emails under my one Inbox on the right side when Outlook opens.  Left of that is a Pane by itself that says

Mail 

Favorite Folders

Mail Folders

I can expand or collapse those as needed.

Is this what you're looking for?  I can provide a screenshot if needed for clarification.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you very much. The menu items you mentioned were different in my version of Outlook. It may be that I am using windows 10 and have set the compatibility to Windows 8.I was also using IE11. HOWEVER using the information you very kindly provided I was able to figure out some things that worked. My question NOW is.. can the Deleted Items folder be moved from the Personal folder to my <name>.comcast folder where my inbox is. I neglected to mention earlier that I am using Imap in stead of POP3. Comcast pushs that now.

Bronze Problem Solver

Yes under advanced Options in Outlook you will find an option to change where deleted items go.  You can set it for the trash folder on Comcast server. It would then appear as trash folder under your inbox where the deleted mail went.  Would stay on the server in trash untill you emptied the trash folder in outlook.  May be under FILE>ACCOUNT SETTINGS>CHANGE>MORE SETTINGS>ADVANCED on that version of Outlook

Or if you just want to delete them from the server you can go back to where you selected the open folder and click the box that says Empty  deleted items folders on exit.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation