Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outgoing email

Frequent Visitor

Outgoing email

Is there any way I can send out more than 25 emails at the same time? I am reposaible for sending out emails to groups greater than 25 and would like the ability to send one email to everyone at once.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outgoing email

Does this Help?

As a Comcast customer, what are my limitations when sending email?

Comcast is committed to providing a secure Internet experience for all of our customers. In an effort to help prevent spam and ensure the security of our network and customers, Comcast has the following sending limits in place for our residential High-Speed Internet customers:
•An email message can be sent to a maximum of 100 recipients. Any messages sent to over 100 recipients will not be delivered.
•Comcast customers can email up to 1,000 recipients per day. If an account exceeds the 1,000 recipient limit, the account will not be able to send for the remainder of the day.
•The maximum size of an email cannot exceed 15MB; this includes attachments, headers, text, formatting, etc. To avoid any sending issues, we recommend keeping email attachments under 10MB total.
•The following email attachment types are not permitted to be sent or received: •.vbs
•.pif
•.scr
•.bat
•.com
•.cmd
•.msi
•.reg

If you are certain that your computer is not infected with a virus, and you send out a large number of legitimate, requested email messages per day, you are encouraged to reduce your daily volume to 1,000 email recipients, or consider a business-class email through Comcast Business Services, which provides higher daily email limits that may meet your needs.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert

Here are the sending limits in Comcast email-----------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/limitations-on-sending-email/

The best way would be to create groups in your address book.  Then you can just start typing the name of the group into the To: or Bcc: fields.  I would recommend using the Bcc: field so as to protect everyone's email address from spam bots.  Use one of your own email addresses in the To: line.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Further question along this line that I was going to post.  I have a group that has34 members.  When I type the group name in the send line and select, only 22 names come through.  I though that I was hitting a limit issue but 22 is a strange number.  Any ideas?

Email Expert

Here's where it gets a little strange.  The address book actually has two copies-------one for the default Full version of Xfinity Connect, and the other in the Lite version.  The one in Lite is the "master" copy supposedly.  The address book is actually provided by a company called Plaxo, as is the calendar.  If you want to try to fix this yourself I suggest you wait a day and see if the changes you made start working.  It is my experience that they will.  The two copies are supposed to be synced, but it may take 24 hours or more for your changes to kick in.

OR

If you want to try to fix it yourself, switch to the Lite version of Xfinity Connect. In the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>Versions. Make the change there. While in Lite, make your changes to the address book. If you switch back to the Full version ( the default view), those changes should be reflected in that address book, although it can take up to 24 hours to show up. 

OR

Try having the address book re-synced. You need to send an email to helpme@sv.comcast.com In the subject line put "Need Slow Sync of Address Book". In the body of the message describe the problem, and make sure you include the email address with the problem. Again, it can take up to 24 hours for the re-sync to work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

It was a timing sync issue. I was working off my pc so not a mobile issue. The next day all of the names did populate when I used the group name. That is a silly bug. Often when you set up a group it is because you need to start emailing the group then...not 24 hours in the future.

Thanks for the reply!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation