Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Old Emails

New Poster

Old Emails

I had emails in my inbox from 2006 that I accessed as recently as last fall and they are no longer there. Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Old Emails

Have you checked your Email Deletion Schedule to see the number of days email is kept in each Folder before automatically deleted?

Go to Inbox>Preferences>Email

Scroll down, and open the Schedule to check it.

I also recommend moving email you want to keep long term to a Folder you create for that purpose,  To create a Folder...In the Inbox, on the top left, click on + New Folder.  Make sure yiu locate the Folder after all of the Comcast  Folders so it is not affected by the Schedule.

You can search for emails too, using search.  You can search by From, date, subject.

One other choice:

RIGHT click on the Trash Folder, the click on Recover deleted messages.  A window opens showing deleted messages.  See if any of the ones you are looking for are still listed there.  IF they are, click on them to highlight them, then click on the small arrow on the top left side if the window.  That will open another window where yiu can then move the messages back to your Inbox.  NOTE:  All messages will not be there, but the most recent ones should be.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation