Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Official Notice: Email Outage Feb 06

Official Employee

Official Notice: Email Outage Feb 06

Hello,

Yesterday there was an email outage that affected our webmail users. During this time, mail was accessible via email clients, and the XFINITY Connect App, but customers attempting to check their mail via the XFINITY Connect web interface were intermittently, but often, getting errors. Our engineers were engaged and worked diligently to root out the cause and then implement necessary fixes to get all users back to full access, but it was a long hard fight on multiple fronts that took longer than we would have liked.

I'm sorry for the frustration and thank you for your understanding.

Brett

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Official Notice: Email Outage Feb 06

Good Try.  E-mail still non-functional here in Reston, VA

Official Employee

I'm sorry you are having a problem still.

If you are trying to access via webmail, please try logging out and back in, also clearing cache and cookies. This may fix any residual cobwebs from yesterday's issues.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am still having issues with comcast web mail.  I am sending an email to a group of people concerning a class reunion.  I keep getting error code SCC-1203 on an individual email, if I delete the email, it just goes to the next one and I get an error.  I know these emails are correct.  What is the issue?

Contributor

ComcastBrett wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday there was an email outage that affected our webmail users. During this time, mail was accessible via email clients, and the XFINITY Connect App, but customers attempting to check their mail via the XFINITY Connect web interface were intermittently, but often, getting errors. Our engineers were engaged and worked diligently to root out the cause and then implement necessary fixes to get all users back to full access, but it was a long hard fight on multiple fronts that took longer than we would have liked.

Brett

ComcastBrett wrote:

Hello,

BrettT

The issue mentioned above was resolved yesterday until this morning. However, there is a new issue when I click on the envelope or sign boxes on main screen it only brings up a blank screen. No where to sign in either case. I can sign in through my account and thus can post here but still cannot get email access even though I am signed in here. Just a blank screen.

Have cleared caches, tried different emails and tried different computers to to no avail.

This on going problem since Comcast moved us to the new email system is getting very old. As I have a husband who is a cancer patient we often need to get emails immediately they are sent. 

Please tell me this is going to be fixed soon. 

I was going to click on the "email me when someone replies" however as I cannot get into email this is not an option at this time

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation