Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

OUTLOOK EMAIL stopped accepting downloads from Comcast

New Poster

OUTLOOK EMAIL stopped accepting downloads from Comcast

Not sure what happened.  I've recently updated my O.S. on my ancient computer and things were working fine till about a week ago.  Suddenly without notice, Outlook, (2003,) stopped connecting to comcast.net and off loading my emails to my Outlook.

After reading the support pages and countless resets and "starting new" emails and etc., I still cannot get my Comcast mail to download to my Outlook inbox.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: OUTLOOK EMAIL stopped accepting downloads from Comcast

tphadden1 wrote:

Not sure what happened.  I've recently updated my O.S. on my ancient computer and things were working fine till about a week ago.  Suddenly without notice, Outlook, (2003,) stopped connecting to comcast.net and off loading my emails to my Outlook.

After reading the support pages and countless resets and "starting new" emails and etc., I still cannot get my Comcast mail to download to my Outlook inbox.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First Outlook 2003 is no longer supported at all by Microsoft.  It is time to change email programs.   You can use a free email program such as Windows Live Mail, Gmail, Thunderbird, or you can use Comcast's Xfinity Connect for email.

Please post back with what settings you now have set up in Outlook 2003 so we can review them.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation