Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

OLD EMAIL unable to be removed, but they claim it is!

New Poster

OLD EMAIL unable to be removed, but they claim it is!

Background - I had my paypal hacked, and decided to make a new email address because I wanted to stop anything financial from going to the email associated with the now-cancelled paypal. I have changed every account that I pay online, or receive anything about my account with that email - to the new email address. 

This happened early this year in April. I tried changing my email on their website, it told me that my new email was not "unique"..... First irritating thing because it doesn't matter what they consider unique if it is the email address I chose and the one I want to use - plus if you saw my last name, which is in the email address, you'd laugh at the fact that it is not unique. 95% of people who see my name don't even attempt to pronounce it. So I called, and they "changed it" - I put in quotations because I've been hearing that since April, after multiple calls, multiple attempts at online chats, and NOTHING has worked. 

Last few times I called, I was told that my old email is not in their system anywhere. I HAVE RECEIVED MY BILL PAYMENT CONFIRMATIONS in that email EVERY SINGLE MONTH since they "changed it". This is ridiculous. My INTERNET provider can't figure out how to change my email address so my payment confirmations stop going to an email I want to cancel? This does NOT give me confidence in their ability to keep my personal information safe, and it makes me wonder what else they wouldn't be able to fix regarding my internet. If ANYONE has an idea on how to get my old email out of their system, when they claim it IS ALREADY out of the system, please help me fix this!!

I'm seriously considering canceling my service with them after my promotional contract, because I'm sick to death of having to call and deal with their infuriating voice service that can't understand a word you are saying, and if you do say representative, they still want more information. If you say "email problem" they direct you to the wrong person. When you get a representative, most are tring to sell you something more for your account (I constantly get that they can reduce my bill if I add a home phoneline), why would I want to add service from a company that can't do a simple email change??!! And every time I call, I get transferred to multiple departments, and every one wants to verify who I am, every one tells me they can't help, they send me to another department (who typically sends me back to the department who JUST transferred me!), and then after 45 minutes on the phone with multiple people, NOTHING IS FIXED ANYWAY! I am beyond frustrated!

Official Employee

Re: OLD EMAIL unable to be removed, but they claim it is!

Hi, AmyOnd. I can help review your account in our system to make sure your old compromised email address is no longer associated with it. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, the phone number associated with your account, and the email address you'd like removed so I can assist.

New Poster

I thought it was a public forum - so I thought it was public. How do I change it to public then?

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I need to change my preferred email.  Please contact me.  when I try to send a personnal message nothing happens.