Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not receving all my emails

Frequent Visitor

Not receving all my emails

For almost a week I haven't receiving all my emails and the reason i know this is because when i pull up email on my tablet i can see all the emails that came in that day. When i pull up my email on my computer and on my phone i only see a few of them. 

Email Expert

Re: Not receving all my emails

Can you clarify-------are you using POP3 on all three devices?  If so, you need to re-create the account on all three using IMAP instead.  That way everything is synced and you should see all the same messages on all three of them.  The settings are here------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I can see my all my emails on the tablet......just not the phone and on the computer period.....so what do u mean recreate the account

Frequent Visitor

On my phone it has those settings

Email Expert

I mean just set up the account on each device as if you were starting from scratch, using the same password and user ID.  Once that's done, you can go back and delete the POP3 accounts if you want to.  If you are using an iOS device, it will automatically detect Comcast accounts as IMAP now.  I'm not sure about Android devices as I don't have one.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have android phone  but i will delete it again but why is the emails not pulling on up on the internet through the website.

Email Expert

The reason is that with POP3, the default behavior is for the device----in your case a phone-----to download the emails and then delete them from the server.  That's why you're not seeing them when you open the webmail after you've checked your mail with the phone.  That's why IMAP is the preferred protocol when the account is enabled on more than one device.  You should find this interesting and informative---------------------

https://askleo.com/what_is_imap_and_how_can_it_help_me_manage_my_email/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

when i looked at my settings and they do say IMAP. But its not just that.....When i sign on my email on the computer I don't see all the emails that is suppose to come in period...for example i was suppose to the email the i got a refund from a product. It didn't show up in my email.... the only way i knew i had a refund was because when i went on my tablet i saw the email from there not the computer. So why is not the emails coming through my webmail/.

Frequent Visitor

My emails showed up this morning but they all went away.

Frequent Visitor

Can someone help me plz?

Contributor

Comcast connect mobile app hasn't been working right most of the week.  Missing several days of emails and it won't retrive new messages.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation