Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not receiving specific emails

New Poster

Not receiving specific emails

I am having trouble receiving emails from an individual/group which were previously received.  Many of the emails had links either as attachments or part of the email message.  I have received attachments (but not actual links) from this address in the past.  Last night I asked the individual if they had received a request from me to send the email with the links.  They responded that they had and resent the email but this time, did not include the attachment.  I still did not receive the email.  Is there any limit on size that comcast has regarding links to music? (I am aware that files in powerpoint are restricted).  Emails from this person do not show up on my comcast account/server or funneled to me to my iphone and computer.  Please advise.  Do you need the address of the individual/group trying to send the email?  The most recent was sent last evening Feb 23, 2015.  Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Not receiving specific emails

Call the Comcast Security Department.

Customer Security Assurance Department
The Customer Security Assurance organization is here to help you have a safe and secure online experience. This dedicated group of security professionals responds to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues.
Business Hours: 6:00am – 2:00am EST
7 days a week

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee

PennySouth-

Can you please private message me your email address, and the email address that is sending to you?

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Thanks,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I do not have an "envelop" for private message anywhere.  Running MacBook Air OSX 10.10.2  The Address which was sent to me but not received was  --elided--...sent Feb. 23rd around 9pm est.  My email is --elided--. 

Official Employee

PennySouth wrote:

I do not have an "envelop" for private message anywhere.  Running MacBook Air OSX 10.10.2  The Address which was sent to me but not received was  --elided--...sent Feb. 23rd around 9pm est.  My email is --elided--. 

The sender should be fine now.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

can you be more specific...why did I not receive the messages and can I retrieve the ones previously sent to me?  Will the comcast server forward them to me?

New Poster

I have the same issue: as of yesterday the email stopped to receive new messages.  When it will be fixed? Is my mail lost?

My username is --redacted--@comcast.net

Official Employee

PennySouth wrote:

can you be more specific...why did I not receive the messages and can I retrieve the ones previously sent to me?  Will the comcast server forward them to me?

A URL in the messages, for the domain musicatwesley.wordpress.com, had been in

spam reported by other users as recently as a few weeks ago.  It's possible the site

had been compromised with malware; that said hopefully they're resolved their 

issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

pesochinsky wrote:

I have the same issue: as of yesterday the email stopped to receive new messages.  When it will be fixed? Is my mail lost?

My username is --elided--

Please don't post your email address in the forum.  If you'd like me to take a look, please private message me the sender and recipient email address involved.

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thank you.  I have now received some of the material and they are now testing to be sure I get the remainder. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation