Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not receiving email

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Not receiving email

We are having trouble sending to comcast addresses.  The message trace says that the messages have been received, but they have not gotten to the appropriate mailboxes.  Messages to other addresses have gotten to their destinations.

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving email

This should now be resolved, I'll provide further detail in private message.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

What are you using for sending?  Xfinity Connect, a different email program?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

We are sending through Office 365 The message trace through exchange online (And Microsoft Support) says the messages were delivered to Comcast relay servers.  From there it disappears; no non-deliverable message and it never gets to the inbox.  We have tried this on 2 different Comcast accounts with different senders and had the same result. Could the internet problems that are happening be causing this issue? https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map

Gold Problem Solver

chiona wrote: We are having trouble sending to comcast addresses. ...

Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help you with this. Call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/). Note that this is NOT one of the regular customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Frequent Visitor

When I can set aside an hour or 2 I will try calling that number. I have found out it is not localized to only a couple of comcast accounts. I have tried 3 different Microsoft email accounts from different places and my comcast account never receives the messages and there is never an undeliverable message.  We now know that there are several other comcast accounts that have not been receiving Office 365 email as well.

Frequent Visitor

It is still not working and there is still no good answer.  I have now been escalated to "level 3" help, but have not heard back since Friday.  It has been very hard to get the phone support person to understand that we are having trouble receiving email, not sending it. And that is is not just my Comcast account. There are at least 3 others that I know are not receiving our email and at least 2 that are having no problem. 

I would much prefer putting in a written ticket where I can copy and paste the message traces and information from my Microsoft support ticket.  It is very frustrating to members of our staff who are trying to communicate with comcast email addresses.

We also did try the 'unblock' form, but were told that our IP wasn't being blocked and that they needed to know the error message.  We would gladly supply it if there was one, but there is no error messages and all our traces show the messages are being delivered.

Official Employee

Can you tell us the domain you're sending to, or the recipient that is having an issue? Please send this information in a private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Private message sent yesterday.  I hope I was clear about what is happening and provided enough information.

Official Employee

This should now be resolved, I'll provide further detail in private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help!

Official Employee
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation