Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No email access via Safari on iphone

Problem Solver

No email access via Safari on iphone

FYI ladies and germs: after two frustrating days, I have proven that Comcast email access using Safari from my iPhone 6s was broken in recent days. Having to wait overnight to download the XFINITY Connect app (I've been at much slower speeds in Safe Mode, having overrun my data limit), I successfully got my email. Failure via safari had nothing to do with my temporary slow connection, apparently.

How on earth could Comcast break an extremely common means (iPhone Safari) of email access after the email services were restored yesterday afternoon? Who runs the Comcast test team?
Problem Solver

Re: No email access via Safari on iphone

OK, my Safari failure WAS due to the slow speed during Safe Mode. As soon as my new data period started, email via Safari worked having faster speed. (In a sense; I could only access my Inbox and not my folders.). The slow Safe Mode speed did not cause failure when using XFINITY Connect app.

By the way, when I spoke with special Comcast rep by phone 24 hours ago, he swore that slower connection per Safe Mode wasn't a factor. It bloody is, though.

Several bugs in the new email system when using iphone Safari, then.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation