Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Xfinity Web Based Email Since 7:25 pm August 10th, 2016

Contributor

No Xfinity Web Based Email Since 7:25 pm August 10th, 2016

spoke with 1st level tech over an hour ago - no email in my xfinity inbox since 7:25 last evening - she attempted to send email and received error, then attempted two other times and after multiple refreshes I never received, she said it would be elevated but would take up to 24 hours for an advanced tech to call me back - I cannot wait by the phone and I have paid advertising on both Bing and google that I could potentially be losing revenue from due to non-receipt of emails - My BIG question is, why did she not transfer me to an advanced tech while we were on the phone?

There is clearly an Xfinity server internal issue - I need an Advanced Tech to be looking at this and waiting by the phone for 24 hours is not an option!

Official Employee

Re: No Xfinity Web Based Email Since 7:25 pm August 10th, 2016

DoverPARon wrote:

spoke with 1st level tech over an hour ago - no email in my xfinity inbox since 7:25 last evening - she attempted to send email and received error, then attempted two other times and after multiple refreshes I never received, she said it would be elevated but would take up to 24 hours for an advanced tech to call me back - I cannot wait by the phone and I have paid advertising on both Bing and google that I could potentially be losing revenue from due to non-receipt of emails - My BIG question is, why did she not transfer me to an advanced tech while we were on the phone?

There is clearly an Xfinity server internal issue - I need an Advanced Tech to be looking at this and waiting by the phone for 24 hours is not an option!

It looks like the "safe list" on your account is enabled.  That list acts as a "receive only from these senders" list.   You'll want to disable it.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/spam-filters-and-email-blocking/

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

OK, First let me advise you that I was 'instructed' to enable the safe list by one of your advanced techs last evening (just prior to my email delivery issue starting) - He "instructed" me to add a chase.com email address to the safe list after enabling it due to problems I have had since July of not receiving my "alert" emails from Chase.com about my credit card.  That issue still remains open and now that he never informed me of the potential consequences of enabling the safelist (which I have now disabled - Thank You!) - I know this is a 2nd issue on this thread but they are all related and now I would like a 2nd opinion on the chase.com emails since I was given bad advice previously.

In short, all my Chase.com alert emails were coming thru fine until July 18th (the last one received) then I should have received two this week and did not so I logged into the chase acct and they were showing as being sent - one on 8 Aug and the other one yesterday afternoon - I have my chase alerts sent to a gmail acct and then forwarded to my comcast primary email for years now, never a problem, now in the gmail acct I see they were rejected by Comcast - your "advanced" tech advised me it is an issue with Chase but I would now like a second opinion - I know I am not to post personal info in the forum so if there is a way I can send you the header info showing the error codes from Comcast's rejection, I would like to do so?  Here is the top portion of the reject if it helps - I changed my comcast email id to "MyComcastEmailID" for privacy and forum rules:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

MyComcastEmailID@comcast.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain comcast.net by mx1.comcast.net. [96.114.157.80].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.2.0 VYYA1t03F176K4p01ZE1qp Message rejected due to DMARC. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#DM000001

Official Employee

DoverPARon wrote:

OK, First let me advise you that I was 'instructed' to enable the safe list by one of your advanced techs last evening (just prior to my email delivery issue starting) - He "instructed" me to add a chase.com email address to the safe list after enabling it due to problems I have had since July of not receiving my "alert" emails from Chase.com about my credit card.  That issue still remains open and now that he never informed me of the potential consequences of enabling the safelist (which I have now disabled - Thank You!) - I know this is a 2nd issue on this thread but they are all related and now I would like a 2nd opinion on the chase.com emails since I was given bad advice previously.

In short, all my Chase.com alert emails were coming thru fine until July 18th (the last one received) then I should have received two this week and did not so I logged into the chase acct and they were showing as being sent - one on 8 Aug and the other one yesterday afternoon - I have my chase alerts sent to a gmail acct and then forwarded to my comcast primary email for years now, never a problem, now in the gmail acct I see they were rejected by Comcast - your "advanced" tech advised me it is an issue with Chase but I would now like a second opinion - I know I am not to post personal info in the forum so if there is a way I can send you the header info showing the error codes from Comcast's rejection, I would like to do so?  Here is the top portion of the reject if it helps - I changed my comcast email id to "MyComcastEmailID" for privacy and forum rules:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

MyComcastEmailID@comcast.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain comcast.net by mx1.comcast.net. [96.114.157.80].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.2.0 VYYA1t03F176K4p01ZE1qp Message rejected due to DMARC. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#DM000001

Rejected due to DMARC policy published by the sender.  Comcast follows the policy that senders publish in DNS.

Chase.com's email policy doesn't allow for forwarding without breaking DMARC.  

DMARC allows for detection of forged 'From:' headers, as well as a few other things. In some cases, forwarding breaks the way DMARC works, depending on how the message was signed by the sender, and how the forwarder handles forwarding.

Nothing changed with regards to DMARC handling on the Comcast side recently, so either Chase or Gmail started doing something differently that broke forwarding.   Have you tried escalating at Chase?

Hope this helps,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation