Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New email notification issue

Frequent Visitor

New email notification issue

So what's with the new "Facebook style" email notification symbol rolled out recently? (the small envelope icon with the 'supposed' number of new emails in a red circle over it)  Since it's inception, I have yet to see that number reflect anything even close to the actual number of new emails in my inbox.  It starts off displaying a different random number every day that randomly changes to other various random numbers with no connection to the changing number of unread emails in the box.  Is this a temporary glitch, or should I just get used to ignoring that number?  (ps - not sure why the jpg below posts itself twice . . .)

Tags (1)
Email-notification.JPG
Regular Contributor

Re: New email notification issue

That looks like the old webmail layout, as I see column headers and it looks like nothing I have.

I wish the number of unread e-mails in the inbox would again appear in the tab at the top of the browser like it used to. Email.jpg

Frequent Visitor

. . . Apparently I have not been switched over to the 'new' format yet(?) - but judging by everything I've heard about it so far, I guess that isn't a bad thing.

Email Expert

CBChase wrote:

. . . Apparently I have not been switched over to the 'new' format yet(?) - but judging by everything I've heard about it so far, I guess that isn't a bad thing.

In the old format, which you still have, that counter has long been known to be wonky.  Usually refreshing the page will correct it, but not always.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

In the old format, which you still have, that counter has long been known to be wonky.  Usually refreshing the page will correct it, but not always.

Having no idea what the new format looks like, I assumed this was part of it, since it just showed up a few weeks ago in this area - and yes, it's been wonky since day-one here.  Not really sure what the point of it's existence is anyway, since the "internal" counter has always worked perfectly and instantaneously, without the need to refresh the page.

Internal counter:

internal counter.JPG

External counter taken at the same time:
external counter.JPG

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation