Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New email format

New Poster

New email format

Hi since migrating to the new email format I can't seem to find the counter that tells you how many total emails reside in your inbox.  This used to be located in the upper right hand corner in the prior format.  Where did it go?

Contributor

Re: New email format

The only way I've been able to find out how many emails are in my Inbox (or any other folder) is to click the Select All button at the top. You'll then get a message at the bottom telling you how many items were selected (which of course would be all messages in your Inbox/folder). Caution: To get a proper count, you should scroll all the way down to the last message in the folder to ensure all messages have been loaded. If you have a lot of messages in the folder (probably 100+ I'm guessing), using my method will tell you only how many messages were selected from what has been loaded.

Just remember to click the box to unselect all of messages once you've gotten your count. Don't want to inadvertantly perform an unwanted action on all of the selected messages!

Hope this makes sense.

New Poster

Thanks for the tip. 

I wonder why comcast eliminated a useful feature from its new format.  It was helpfull at times as a reminder that "it's time to clean up the in-box."  Spread out over the population of all users, this feature could result in a significant reduction in the quantity of stored messages.  Just goes to show you that, not everything that's new is an improvement.

Contributor

You're welcome. I agree, that was a useful function for exactly the reason you mentioned. While you can still get the information you want, it requires more keystrokes to get the info. There a few things missing in this version which I found useful in the old one.

One big feature that I used to use all the time in the old version (which isn't there now): When composing or replying to an email, you could click on the To, CC, or BCC box to access a drop down box containing all of the addresses in your address book. You could then just double click on each address you wanted to include and it would insert those addresses in the approriate boxes. Now, the only way to access the addresses is to type the first letter of the person's name to get a drop down of the possible name(s) that you're looking for. The other way is to go to the Address Book and select each name, then click "Email", which will then take you to a blank email to compose your message. Not a deal breaker, but the older version gave you that nice shortcut that was very efficient (less keystrokes and/or tabs to access).

Oh well, maybe they'll put back some of the old functions, but I doubt it.

Glad my tip worked for you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation