Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Xfinity Pop-Up Interfering with My Homepage Usage

ANSWERED
Contributor

New Xfinity Pop-Up Interfering with My Homepage Usage

Every time I log onto my Xfinity homepage today, using my normal browser IE, I get a blocked pop-up error.  It's a Polaris.Xfinity pop-up. 

I can't close the error window to proceed with checking my email even.  I am forced to click the "allow once" option to do anything on my Xfinity homepage.

If I close the browser at all I have to go through the same routine.  What is this Xfinity Polaris pop-up about?  Why am I suddenly being forced to "always allow" it just to use my homepage?  My Xfinity homepage is already filled to the max with endless pop-ups, ads and other garbage always loading in the background.

Why am I suddenly getting this additional Polaris pop-up??

Accepted Solution

Re: New Xfinity Pop-Up Interfering with My Homepage Usage

A patch is currently in place to resolve this issue and it should be clearing shortly. If you're still having issues please clear your cache and cookies and retry.

Thank you

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing the issue with the polaris.xfinity.com pop-up. It started this afternoon. Comcast should respond and tell us if this is something that they have done or it is some kind of scam (you never know). I cannot think of any reason something like this happening everytime you want to read your email should be necessary. We block pop-ups for a reason and the idea of your own provider forcing you to let them bypass this is ridiculous. We deserve an answer and/or explanation.

A patch is currently in place to resolve this issue and it should be clearing shortly. If you're still having issues please clear your cache and cookies and retry.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation