Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Email Format

New Poster

New Email Format

I really don't like the 'new and improved' email format.  I cannot find a folder that contained my son's college information, I don't like the date received listed as "Yesterday'--I want the date!  I hate the icons at the top of the page--they look like a cartoon, and are more difficult to see and interpret (they should be bold and perhaps even different colors), and where the heck is 'SpellCheck'?  Also, I now have to take an additional step to delete something where as before I could just hit Delete on my laptop--now I need to find the trashcan or go back to the top of the email and hit Delete--I know all this doesn't take that long, but when we are all looking to save time, get work done, every little convenience adds up.  I haven't even looked at some other areas here, but I want Comcast to know that this was not a great idea in my opinion--and as I read some of the other posts, it seems I am not alone.  I know we are all now used to doing things with technology that we never even dreamed of, but I don't want to spend more time getting information than I did before, that's not the point.  I hope Comcast personnel actually read these comments in the forums--so, Comcast, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Why don't you ask your users for suggestions and improvements.  Trust me, I'm sure no one wants those pencil-drawn icons or to go crazy trying trying to locate a folder that was there 'yesterday'.

Email Expert

Re: New Email Format

For the missing folder, do you see a small black arrowhead to the left of either the Inbox, or "My Folders"?  If so click on it and see if the folder reappears.  As for the spell check, see this thread-----------------------

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Spelling-within-EMail/m-p/2813263#M169065

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation