Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My Comcast email account only goes back to Jan. 1, 2015, Why did this happen?

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

My Comcast email account only goes back to Jan. 1, 2015, Why did this happen?

Can someone tell why this happened. I did not change any settings. I would like to be able to access last years email (at the very least)!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: My Comcast email account only goes back to Jan. 1, 2015, Why did this happen?

How do you have your email preferences set?  To check, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>>Email Deletion Schedules, to see how they are set right now and make any changes.  If it's not that, do you have the account enabled on some other device like a smartphone or tablet that might be downloading and deleting them?

View answer in context
Email Expert

Re: My Comcast email account only goes back to Jan. 1, 2015, Why did this happen?

How do you have your email preferences set?  To check, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>>Email Deletion Schedules, to see how they are set right now and make any changes.  If it's not that, do you have the account enabled on some other device like a smartphone or tablet that might be downloading and deleting them?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO.  The Email Deletion Schedule was set to delete after 30 days (I did not set it this way, it was always set to NEVER delete).  I have no idea why or how it was changed. 

I am going to accept your reply as the solution but first a few more questions, if you do not mind.

1)  In the upper right corner of this screen the box is checked "Email me when someone replies". However I do not have an email from your reply in my inbox at comcast.com or in my mailbox app in my Windows 8.1 system. ANY IDEA WHY?  In "Preferences" the only filter set is for Giant Eagle.

2)  I checked my Comcast account in my Mailbox App and there is no way to set it to delete emails automatically. Do you have any idea why the Email Deletion Schedule was somehow reset to 30 days? Typically I only access email from my mailbox app.

3)  Is there any way for me to recover my lost Emails?

Email Expert

If you have that box checked on the page where you are composing  a post, then you should get an email notification if anyone posts in this thread.  I don't know why you're not getting any email notifications.  What "Mailbox app" are you referring to?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Latoque wrote:

If you have that box checked on the page where you are composing  a post, then you should get an email notification if anyone posts in this thread.  I don't know why you're not getting any email notifications.  What "Mailbox app" are you referring to?

Nope, I am not getting email when you reply. The box is checked. Just to check function I sent myself an email from outlook.com to comcast.net and it arrived.

On the START SCREEN of Windows 8 or 8.1 there is an app you can find in the Windows Store - in the store search box type "MAIL, CALENDAR and PEOPLE" it is published by Microsoft Corporation. The nice thing about this app is you can add several different email accounts and set how each account notifies you. You can make your computer beep at you when a certain account(s) has new email.

To delete an email in this app, you must delete each email one by one manually. I guess I could check several emails then delete several but I have never done it. To delete outlook email first delete it then open the DELETED FOLDER to delete it again and this is then permanent. The Comcast email account does not have a DELETED FOLDER.

All the accounts have DOWNLOAD EMAIL options, from ANYTIME, LAST MONTH, LAST 2 WEEKS, LAST 7 DAYS & LAST 3 DAYS.  I consider these to be DISPLAY OPTIONS because changing them DOES NOT cause any EMAILS TO BE DELETED.  You can change this in settings from ANYTIME to 7 DAYS and back without losing any emails. 

My Comcast email was and still is set to download from ANYTIME. ****As an experiment I just changed the Comcast account to LAST 2 WEEKS, at the bottom of the email list a blue link appears "To get messages older than two weeks, go to settings".Then I opened another browser tab and checked at web.mail.comcast.net and everything from this month is still in my email account.

I would give you a nice screenshot but my REPLY box does not have an INSERT IMAGE button. (I have complained about not having one to the "We Can Help" link, but got nothing as a result).

Problem Solver

At the top left of this page I selected MY SETTINGS (in blue) and under PERSONAL PROFILE then EMAIL SETTINGS the

DO NOT SEND ME ANY COMMUNITY EMAILS was CHECKED.

I could have done that a long time ago, I felt my efforts on this forum were under appreciated.  I unchecked this item.

BUT I DEFINATELY DID NOT CHANGE MY DELETE EMAIL SETTINGS EVER.

I was shocked when I looked for an old email and it was gone.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation