Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Multiple Comcast email accounts

New Poster

Multiple Comcast email accounts

I saw the message thread about accessing multiple email accounts through Comcast.  My situation wasn't addressed there, so I hope someone will have an answer for me.

I have one email account I use for personal emails and a second one I use for work emails.  Initially I set up the accounts so everything would go to my person email account.  I didn't like that - too much clutter, and it meant I couldn't separate my work and personal life - I could see all of it all the time.

What I would like is to sign into each account at the same time and have two tabs open all the time - one with my personal email account and one with my work email account. That way I can go back and forth between the two of them rather than having to continually having to sign out of one and sign into the other.

Is this possible?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Multiple Comcast email accounts

Go into preferences of the personal account and set up your work email as an additional pop3 email. It'll just be put in a different folder.
Email Expert

Re: Multiple Comcast email accounts

gettingby wrote:

I saw the message thread about accessing multiple email accounts through Comcast.  My situation wasn't addressed there, so I hope someone will have an answer for me.

I have one email account I use for personal emails and a second one I use for work emails.  Initially I set up the accounts so everything would go to my person email account.  I didn't like that - too much clutter, and it meant I couldn't separate my work and personal life - I could see all of it all the time.

What I would like is to sign into each account at the same time and have two tabs open all the time - one with my personal email account and one with my work email account. That way I can go back and forth between the two of them rather than having to continually having to sign out of one and sign into the other.

Is this possible?

To do what John3758 suggested, from your Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>>>Email>>>>>>>>Add Accounts.  Then follow the prompts.  It will add the second address as a folder in the left pane of your Inbox page.  A better option would be to use a real email client like Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird or some other.  In a client the accounts you set up are always there and available without having to repeatedly sign-in.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation