New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Move/Transfer of Service Fiasco......

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Move/Transfer of Service Fiasco......

Hello,

I am not sure where to start but will just dive into the fiasco that Comcast has created on what was supposed to be a  simple move - transfer of service from one apartment to another apartment in the same complex, end of story, period.  More than one thing has gone on.....

1) First week of May 2015: I went into the Comcast/Xfinity store and met a wonderful service person who set me for my move/transfer of service.  My move date was 5/21/15.  Set me up to have a Comcast employee (not a contractor) come  to my new apartment and get things up and running for me - I have internet/email, phone, TV. Been a Comcast customer for over 10 years with the same phone number and the same email address.   This person gave me his business card and email and told me to call him with any issues that arise.  Little did he know....

2) May 15th 0630hrs:  I woke up to find that ALL of my service had been disconnected!  I called Comcast service and got India who told me to call back at 0700hrs CA time to another number where a service tech could assist me.  I called the service number and got a nice man who confirmed my service had been disconnected BUT also saw that I was moving/transfering service on 5/21...........HE HAD NO IDEA WHY MY SERVICE WAS CUT OFF.  This seems to be the new thing with Comcast - no one knows WHY things are done.  Needless to say after 30 minutes on the phone with this guy he got all my service restored.  I confirmed my transfer/move date with him and the Comcast appointment time as well, all was good, or so I thought. 

3) Moving/transfer day 5/21/15:  The Comcast person who showed up at my door at 2pm was NOT an employee but a contractor - which I specifically asked NOT to have a contractor.  But, I was tired from moving and he was nice enough and seemed to know what he was doing so he started to go over what I needed.  This poor guy had NO IDEA that I had moved and he had me down as a NEW CUSTOMER....huh?  Needless to say my phone number that I have had for over 10 years was cancelled and he gave me a new one! He was NOT ABLE to help me, said I would have to call etc.  SO, I called my new best friend at the store and told him what was going on.  He got on it, did not understand what happened either and worked to get my phone number back.  I did not have my phone for about 3 days but thankfully I did get that back.  

4) May 23, 2015:  stopped getting emails to my Comcast email address.  AND I STILL DON'T HAVE MY EMAIL BACK !!  My new best friend in the store has had a supervisor working on the problem but once again...NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.  REALLY??? 

I could go on and on about was crappy service this is but is anyone going to read this or really care?  Do I finally break the bond and go to ATT just because?  I still don't understand WHY my simple move could get so messed up and WHY I still don't have my email back yet???  Anyone have any ideas on how I could expidite this?  

Accepted Solution

Re: Move/Transfer of Service Fiasco......

Hi 

View answer in context
Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the forum administrator. An official employee will respond. Check back every once in a while for a reply by one of them.

Since an email address is involved, the employee may ask you sent him/her a private message with the email address you want restored. It is safe to give him/her that information.

Hopefully the employee will be able to restore it for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the forum administrator. An official employee will respond. Check back every once in a while for a reply by one of them.

Since an email address is involved, the employee may ask you sent him/her a private message with the email address you want restored. It is safe to give him/her that information.

Hopefully the employee will be able to restore it for you.

It really isn't difficult to get it back. Deleted user names are held for 90 days before being released back in to the available name pool. All they have to do is release the name back to you. They key with this is getting someone who has a clue and can get it done.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank your help and I will keep you updated!

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  

Sent you a message.

Frequent Visitor

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone an update.

I am very happy to say that my issue has been resolved.

Thank you to Queen-Evie and ComcastPhil for helping me.

My faith has been restored.

Regards,

Netskey

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation