Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mistaken presumptions in address book

Contributor

Mistaken presumptions in address book

I have put in an Address Book entry for someone's personal mobile phone number, but your address book presumes it is a WORK mobile number, and there is no way to correct it.  One has to wonder just how you determine what a number is, and if you put in a personal number first, then a work number, would you put them backwards with no way of correcting them?

Email Expert

Re: Mistaken presumptions in address book

Go into the address book, and hover your mouse pointer over the contact you want to change.  Click on "Edit".  Then in the field for phone numbers, click on the up-down arrows to the right.  That is where you can change the category of the phone number.  Right here----------------------

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 8.14.00 AM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

NOPE.  When you elect the "mobile" option in the "Phone" dropdown, and enter the number, as soon as you "view" that listing it makes the **WRONG** presumption that any "mobile" number is a work mobile number.  It doesn't ask if that's what it is, it doesn't offer any choice between work and personal mobile, it ONLY offers a mobile item in the dropdown, which it just DECIDES is a work number.

Email Expert
Moved:

Email Expert

jelabarre59 wrote:

NOPE.  When you elect the "mobile" option in the "Phone" dropdown, and enter the number, as soon as you "view" that listing it makes the **WRONG** presumption that any "mobile" number is a work mobile number.  It doesn't ask if that's what it is, it doesn't offer any choice between work and personal mobile, it ONLY offers a mobile item in the dropdown, which it just DECIDES is a work number.

OK I see what you mean after playing around with it for a bit.  No matter what I changed it still comes up as "Work Mobile".  I have sent an email to Plaxo asking if this is a mistake or the usual default or what.  They are usually pretty good about responding.  If they do I will post back with the results.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation