Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing sent emails in "SENT" folder

Frequent Visitor

Missing sent emails in "SENT" folder

Only some of the emails I have sent show up in my "SENT" folder.  It's truly frustrating, so if anyone knows why this is happening and how to find the missing ones, please let me know.

Email Expert

Re: Missing sent emails in "SENT" folder

How are you accessing the email?  With just a computer and browser?  Or on a mobile device?  Is one of them set up using POP3?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I access my Comcast email on my computer with Firefox as my browser for all of Comcast.  Some of my sent emails are in my SENT file, but not all ???

Email Expert

If you are in the new email format, outgoing messages should be kept in the Sent folder by default.  If you are still in the old format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>Email>>>>>Composing.  There you will see the option to use the Sent folder or not.  Make sure it's checked.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I checked, that's how it's set up...  But I'm still missing quite a few messages I've sent  - they haven't been saved.  (

Email Expert

OK then something else is going on.  I have escalated your OP to the forum admins for follow-up.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello thedeber, I looked into your username and email account and I show that all of your provisioning and features are correct and working properly. Can you please try logging into our website on a different browser or try our Xfinity connect app to see if you have the same problem with not seeing all of your outgoing email? This will help me narrow down where the mail could be going in it is not appearing in your "sent" folder. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Tried going in with Explorer.  Same result.  So I have a theory...  The ones which are missing are, I think, all those I sent as forwards,  bcc to all recipients.  Could that be the reason?  Annoying, because I actually wanted to keep those. But if that's the problem, can I save the message in my keepers file, and then forward it from there?  Can for forward a message that way?

Official Employee

I don't think that's the reason due to me testing this on my end with my own email account on Comcast and I show that the forwarded message did save to my ' sent" folder after I set the email to forward to my work email. Please make sure you don't have any filters selected or rules set up that would send your outgoing mail to another folder. At the same time, I don't want to count the forwarding scenario out. You can save the mail to your "keepers" file or to ensure that you have a copy of the forward you can also CC yourself in the “To” field of the email. Can you please try and send a normal message out and see if it goes to your "Sent" folder? Then please try an inbound email that you can forward and see if that one appears in the "Sent" folder as well. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Did you try your experiments with the message or forward sent as bcc to all recipients? With these I choose that nome of those who get the email see who else received it.   Ido this so as not to provide email addressed of those to each recipient.  It sounds very cloak and dagger, but it simply preserves privacy to each of my friends.

I ask because I still wonder it the bcc is the problem.

Official Employee

I did test this again on my end with a message and the forward and I got the same result. I can check further into this for you by trying to duplicate this on my end with your account. Can you please send me a private message by selecting my name (ComcastAmir) and send me your street address, username, and the full name on the account?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I cannot find any emails in my sent folder? None of the emails that were sent from my comcast account are showing up. i tried using several devices but still having the same problems.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation