Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing emails.

New Poster

Missing emails.

I get my emails on my computer through outlook 2010.  It used to be when I opened my emails on my computer they would erase off my phone and I could read them all on my computer. Tonight when I opened my emails on the computer only a few downloaded off my phone and the rest disappeared. I haven't read them yet and now I don't know how to get them so that I can read them. 

Email Expert

Re: Missing emails.

It sounds like you have Outlook set to use POP3 with the Comcast account.  The phone is most likely using IMAP.  Comcast recommends IMAP now since so many people use their email on more than one device.  So the best thing for you to do is re-create the account in Outlook using IMAP, then once it's up and running you can go back in and delete the POP version to avoid confusion.  I think Outlook will auto-configure it for you once you input your user ID and password, but if not here are the settings----------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

You didn't say what kind of phone you have, but an iPhone will auto-detect Comcast accounts now as IMAP and configure them that way.  Once you have IMAP on both the computer and the phone, everything will be synced, and anything you do to an email on one will be reflected on the other.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation