Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing blob...A G A I N! WTH Comcast?!?!

New Poster

Missing blob...A G A I N! WTH Comcast?!?!

Ok, so this is getting ridiculous...once a week minimum I can't read emails because of some missing blob.

Look, put the blob in a cage, wrap the cage in plexiglass and then bury it in concrete - how hard is it to keep a blob contained?!?!

Seriously Comcast, get it together already...this is a continual problem, FIX IT.

Visitor

Missing blob message on e:mails

I have a problem with most of my e:mails that now have the "Missing blob for item xxxxxx" message. Also there is a slow to respond blue circle that continuously runs until error messages begin appearing.
Have never had this problem before. It appears that others are having the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Visitor

Re: Missing blob message on e:mails

Contacted Xfinity and problem is on their end. Supposedly a nose is down. They hope it will be resolved soon.
Visitor

Node down.
New Poster

Missing Blob for item ######

All of my emails read: "Missing Blob for item 152168"

What gives?!  Cleared my cache on my browser, restarted, same deal.

New Poster

Re: Missing Blob for item ######

I am having the same message and can't read any of my messages on my computer.  I can only read on iphone.

New Poster

Keep getting the message: Missing Blob for item 970113

I cannot view any of my email messages on my computer and get the error message

"Missing Blob for item 970113" for all messages when I try to view.  I can view them on my iphone however. Is this a windows 10 issue? This is a new computer and its been working fine for weeks until today.
How do I fix this?
Regular Visitor

Missing Blob for item 459233

Missing Blob for item 459233
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing Blob for item 459233

I'm getting the same error.  Just started.

New Poster

Missing Blob for item 1055395 what does this mean???

Several of my emails contain this message, what gives Comcast??? 

New Poster

All email content says missing blob

New Poster

Email "Missing Blob for item 359206"

I am getting the message "Missing Blob for item 359206" on my email on 6-14-2016. I saw a previous Blob error being resolved back in May is this happening again?

New Poster

I've got "Missing Blob for item 108900" in ALL my e-mail bodies, EXCEPT for this one e-mail.  Problem started just after I have, without opening or clicking anywhere in this e-mail, moved it to SPAM folder.  Attached screen shot shows, that body of THIS e-mail is still intact.  However, ALL other e-mail in SPAM, INBOX, SENT have the "Missing Blob for item 108900" in their bodies - I checked.

sergei kukura = Missing Blob for item 108900.png

Frequent Visitor

Re: Keep getting the message: Missing Blob for item 970113

I, too, am getting this error message my Comcast emails  ... with a different item numbers.

Oddly enough it's only when I access my emails directly on line at:  https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?

... I can read the emails okay from my smart phone.

This is one (of my MANY) error messages: "Missing Blob for item 1977881"

update: called Comcast support and rep verified that they are having problems with their email servers.  Then tech tried to send me a test email, and that didn't come thru. She gave me a ticket number (#CR5994411381) ... and said that ticket had been assigned to someone. I can expect a response within 72 hours <sigh> 

New Poster

missing blobs

Im getting the message "missing blob for iten xxxxxx"  what's up?

Visitor

missing blob message on emails

How do I fix a missing blob message in all  my emails

New Poster

May have been a coincidence, all seems back to normal.

New Poster

I am still receiving these missing blob and then item number emails.  Its very frustrating.  Is anyone else STILL getting them?

New Poster

Missing Blob for location....

Missing Blob has taken over my emails.  When I click on "get Solution" at this site it does not send me anywhere.  I need to read my business emails!!!!  PLEASE

New Poster

Re: Email "Missing Blob for item 359206"

I am having the same issue with being unable to open email.  It states "missing blob" with a number 

New Poster

Missing Blob

All emails reads "Missing Blob for item %25###. I see that a solution has been posted. When I click on "Go to solution," I go nowhere. What now? I'm using Chrome to access Xfinity on my HP PC.

New Poster

Re: Missing blob...A G A I N! WTH Comcast?!?!

I'm having the same issue. How can this be fixed or does Comcast have to fix it?

Regular Visitor

Re: Missing Blob for item 459233

While in web browser - hit control, shift delete buttons - check all boxes except for password and delete - wait 5 seconds and restart web browser - that should solve the problem

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Missing blob...A G A I N! WTH Comcast?!?!

sblairart wrote:

I'm having the same issue. How can this be fixed or does Comcast have to fix it?

Since there are now a dozen threads on this topic, it sounds like another Comcast problem.  Nothing you can do.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Email "Missing Blob for item 359206"

Mary49 wrote:

I am having the same issue with being unable to open email.  It states "missing blob" with a number 

Lots of separate threads on this topic, so it's probably a Comcast problem.  Nothing to do but wait for them to fix it.

Visitor

I am not getting them anymore.
Official Employee

Hi all, this was a known issue that has been corrected. Please let me know if you still getting this message.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Visitor

No such blob

For the last 24 hours, on all my Apple devices (iOS and MacOS alike), I keep seeing errors like
"No such blob: mailbox=415970, item=538663, change=3566534"

in one of my Mailboxes.
I seem to be able to receive email anyway. 
However, I've also been experiencing issues, with the same mailbox, when trying to delete emails. For most emails, but not for all, I get the error "Unable To Move Message/The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash"<
This is quickly becoming very annoying, so thanks for anything you can do to help.

Frequent Visitor

I am still getting the missing blob on emails.  Do I need to do something on my end?

New Poster

same here whats with comcast now??/

Frequent Visitor

I am also unable to download on my iphone.  It says "downloading  1 of 25" but nothing is downloaded.  Just goes back to saying "updated just now".  What is going on?????

New Poster

I have been getting missing blobs responses everything I open my email today.  6/24/16. I don't think the issue is fully corrected.

New Poster

I am getting missing blobs too.   Shows up on old emails that have already been read.

Can anyone tell me what it actually means???

Regular Visitor

What is a missing blob in email?

lost emails message says 'missing Blob.."

Regular Visitor

Me too

New Poster

Until the problem gets fixed by Comcast, I've discovered that if I move an email with a Missing Blob message back into my inbox, the full content of the email reappears.
New Poster

started working ok last night..  strange  but a COMCAST problem for sure

Yes Phill, we're still getting the blob message yesterday, June 24th.

Dave

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats