Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing Sign Out Button on Email

New Poster

Missing Sign Out Button on Email

I see there are older messages dealing with the same issue, but apparently it is STILL an issue.

The sign out button is missing from my email. I know where it is supposed to be, so don't treat me like I don't know, like some of the other people who posted the same issue. It is NOT THERE!

I have to sign out of the internet completely to sign out of email. That does not make me feel my email is secure.

Email Expert

Re: Missing Sign Out Button on Email

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I can see why You have so many posts - your responses are 'Internet101' !

Contributor

You said "If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox."

Are You serious!!!  Advising someone to change browsers is an outrage!  

Many Computer users have a freedom of choice in regards to the browsers they use AND many desire to NOT install software that is not needed.

I came here because after years of having no problems AND with making no changes at all - for the past few days my 'sign out' button along with the rest of the 'buttons' at that level are missing.

Odd though that If I choose other 'tabs' such as 'TEXT' or 'Preferences' the 'sign out' button with the other 'buttons' are there!

So it is NOT OUR computers but an 'outside' issue!

I also was advised to switch to a different browser - but the TECH (NOT) would not make a  recommendation - clearly knowing the 'hot water' that would put that Tech and the Company they work for in front of a Judge.

New Poster

Did you ever figure out how to fix the issue?  I chatted with Comcast and they said to uninstall and reinstall IE because it was a browser issue.  Really?  So ridiculous.  It started to happen on both the home and work computers within the last week, only for IE, which leads me to believe Comcast made a change to a setting or some update or something that is not compatible with IE but is compatible with other browsers.  I made no changes to settings on either computer so I find it hard to believe that the "sign out" button just arbitrarily decided to disappear on IE only.

I added comcast.net to compatability mode.  That didn't do the trick.

Thanks

Service Expert

This is a known issue. It affects only the full version of Xfinity Connect. The Lite version still has the bar options.

More information can be found in this topic (in which official employee ComcastJordan has replied)

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Co​nnect-Help/Missing-Sign-Out-Link-on-Email-page/m-...

One of the posts by ComcastJordan includes a way to sign out work-around if you don't want to temporarily switch to the Lite Version.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation