Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Microsoft Outlook and Comcast Xfinity Email

New Poster

Microsoft Outlook and Comcast Xfinity Email

I have been using Outlook Express tou get my mail my POP3 from Comcast forever.  Well this week it just stopped sending me email.  I got an email about using IMAP for mail back on December 8th.  Does POP nop longer work?  I am trying to configure Microsoft Oulook to get my mail and dropping Outlook Express.  I found this on FAQ at Comcast:

A third-party email client is using POP Access for retrieving mail, and does not leave a copy.

Steps to resolve

NOTE: Using POP to retrieve e-mail will cause a less-than-optimal experience, especially when you use multiple devices to check your email. We strongly recommend IMAP over POP since this will keep your emails in sync across different devices.

First, check all of your mobile devices and personal computers for how their mail applications are configured. Popular examples include: the Mail application on an iPhone, Email application on an Android tablet, or Outlook application on a Windows PC. Access the settings for each application. If you see POP listed, please delete the account.

If you plan to continue using these applications to access your Comcast mail, most applications have a simple, step-by-step configuration process for setting IMAP up. If you need to input the settings manual, use the following table as a reference:

Recommended Only If Needed Only If Needed
Incoming Mail Server - Name imap.comcast.net imap.comcast.net
Incoming Mail Server - Port Number 993 with SSL ON 143 with SSL ON
Outgoing Mail Server - Name smtp.comcast.net smtp.comcast.net
Outgoing Mail Server - Port Number 587 (SMTP) 465 (SMTPS)
SSL Encryption checked checked
Authentication Comcast ID and Password required

I feel I am doing something very wrong, can anyone help me to get this working, I hate going to Comcast.net and looking for my mail every day.  Total kick in the nuts.  Thank you for any help!

Email Expert

Re: Microsoft Outlook and Comcast Xfinity Email

POP3 still works, it's just not recommended if you have the account enabled on more than one computer or other device like a smartphone or tablet.  Are you getting any error message in Outlook Express or Outlook when you try to send?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation