Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mail. sending emails. I had a message this morning that I had to change my Comcast password.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Mail. sending emails. I had a message this morning that I had to change my Comcast password.

I can't connect with smtp account. I changed the password but I can't connect with the smtp accounts.

Accepted Solution

Re: Mail. sending emails. I had a message this morning that I had to change my Comcast password.

I'm on a MAC, version 10.5.5, and have had minimal problems for a year or so. I was instructed by Comcast to change my password. I did, and was immediately connected to comcast BUT NOT to smtp.comcast.net.  I then changed the password to smtp but failed to connect.  Thus, I a unable to send emails. What should I do?

View answer in context
Email Expert

Re: Mail. sending emails. I had a message this morning that I had to change my Comcast password.

You got a message from who telling you this?   Are you on a Mac, or an iPhone or IPad or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm on a MAC, version 10.5.5, and have had minimal problems for a year or so. I was instructed by Comcast to change my password. I did, and was immediately connected to comcast BUT NOT to smtp.comcast.net.  I then changed the password to smtp but failed to connect.  Thus, I a unable to send emails. What should I do?

Regular Visitor

This issue was not solved::::::::

Email Expert

Bark60 wrote:

OK are you using POP3 or IMAP in Mail on the Mac?  This is a very important question you need to answer before we proceed further.  Check your settings and see if the incoming server says POP3 or POP for the server type.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation