Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lost email messages received

Regular Visitor

Lost email messages received

I had a strange problem with my Comcast email.  Maybe you could give me some things I could try to recover the missing emails or at least ensure that it doesn’t happen again.
              On my PC, smart phone 6 and mini Ipad I lost all Comcast emails from September 24th through October 6th and they are not in trash.  But on my wife's I phone 5 the emails are there but most of them have no content and contain the message: “This message has not been downloaded from the server”.  When I tried to forward these emails to Comcast email address I get a message, “Download rest of message first?”  I mark “yes” and forward it but the email is forwarded with no content, only a message saying sent from my I phone.  I was on the road from Oct 1st through the 7th and was using my email, receiving and sending messages and saw the emails that are now missing even those which say they haven’t been downloaded from the server.  Any ideas on what happened and how I can avoid that in the future and maybe even retreive the missing emails?

New Poster

Re: Lost email messages received

I have the same problem! Some emails show no content on my iPad and iPhone. I would like to find out how to download the message. There is no option to do so. I tried forwarding them as you did but had the same result.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation