Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lost e-mails

Frequent Visitor

Lost e-mails

It seems that some sent emails and replied to emails when moved to a folder i have created

Email Expert

Re: Lost e-mails

Please explain just what is going on------are you saying you lost emails from a particular folder or what?  Are you using only the Xfinity Connect webmail portal or a client program like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Im only using Xfinity, it seems when I move sent or replied to emails to a folder i have crreated and go back to that folder the emails are gone this is completely random however

Email Expert

OK first of all-------did you create the folder as a sub-folder of another one like the Inbox or Trash folder?  If so, it is subject to the deletion schedule you have set for that other folder.  To check the schedules, go to Preferences>>>>>>Email>>>>>>>Email Deletion Schedules to see how they are set.  If it's not that, then are they going into the Trash folder?  If not, call Comcast security to see if they can spot anything wrong with your account-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

In addition, as a precauion, change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change the secret question and answer.  Suddenly vanishing emails can be a sign of a compromised account, or a malware infection.  Also run a complete scan of your system with your A/V software.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank You for your reply, none of the above apply. When i reply to an email the reply is then placed in the Sent folder I open the sent folder select the email then select move to the folder previously created this appears to have happened to some but not all emails replied to from on paticular sender and only a small number, all other emails placed in that folder are still there. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation