Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Live Mail x800CCC00F on Win 7 Home Premium--long post

Regular Visitor

Live Mail x800CCC00F on Win 7 Home Premium--long post

My wife & I use the same computer. Different Desktops. Both use Live Mail, both have Comcast.net accounts. I have confirmed that the settings are the same. Comcast says no problem with her e-mail account. However, I can download my e-mail from my desktop & she can't download her e-mail from her desktop.

The problem started out as intermittent, then became frequent, and now is all the time. I will send the error message. Error 0x800CCC0F; SERVER UNEXPECTEDLY DISCONNECTED.

Windows updates are automatic. Win 7 Home premium SP1. Live Mail 2012 build 16.4.3528.0331

She can log into the account via the browser, but not via Live Mail.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? NO
Do you use an email client?  Windows Live Mail 2012
Which browser/version do you use? NA  And- have you cleared your browser cache? NA
Which operating system? Windows 7 Home Premium
Details of the problem you are having: See start of post.

1-1/2 hrs on phone with Comcast Tech support to confirm that there were no problems with the e-mail. Then 3-1/2 hours on phone with Microsoft Tech Support in India. After taking remote control of my desktop, the Agent checked various settings and set up a new Live Mail account for my wife, which downloaded 36,000 (yes!) e-mails as far back as 2004 (that took 3-1/2 hours, too)--but (after Agent signed off) the new account won't download any more e-mails. Sending test e-mails from Live Mail works, or at least it did. MS Tech agent also set ports at 25 &110, although he told me over the phone that he was setting up an IMAP server connection. I can send Word docs showing my settings, her old & new settings, but I don't want to show our e-mails and so didn't post them yet. (I can & will blur those areas if that would help).

I also don't want to download all of those e-mails again. Could we create a folder on the browser-accessed e-mail and move those old e-mails into it?

2 whole days on the task. Wife thinks maybe we should call a "pro".

Thanks for any help.

Regular Visitor

Re: Live Mail x800CCC00F on Win 7 Home Premium--long post

UPDATE: I suspended for 12 hours Norton Antivirus checking incoming/outgoing e-mails. No change. On advice of a Windows Wizard I know, I next told NAV to not scan the folder C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local [the folder which contains the WLM e-mails]; still no change. Next options are to change the password (it already complies with the recommendations (min 8 characters, min 1 uppercase & 1 lowercase latter, min 1 number), try the Microsoft Live Mail forum, and throw myself on the mercy of Microsoft Technical support.

Pray for me.

Smiley Sad

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation