Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lets make managing your account even easier EMail from Xfinity?

Contributor

Lets make managing your account even easier EMail from Xfinity?

Did anyone get this email from XFinity today? It seems they want me to log-in and give them information. 1st off I can't tell if it is XFinity for sure & not phishing. Second they want my primary email and won't let me use my @comcast.net my primary email account. It is sure confusing when they do that and ask for your primary account other than @comcast.net. 3rd they want my cell phone & I don't have one & even if I did wouldn't want any calls from XFinity or Comcast. They sent this to my secondary email account @comcast.net & my back-up account @gmail.com but nothing into my primary account as of this writing. WOW is this a confusing email from XFinity or what? Well just checking to make sure someone else is getting this email and it is legit for now. Will have to contact someone at XFinity maybe tomorrow hoping to get an American that speaks clear English & can understand what I am saying. Thanks if you can be of any help here

Email Expert

Re: Lets make managing your account even easier EMail from Xfinity?

To tell if it's legitimate------------------

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

Yes I got the same message in my Primary and two secondary accounts, and also in the alternate non-Comcast accounts I use for them.  It's legitimate.  What they are doing is trying to get people to use two-factor authentication in the event of a problem with your account being compromised.  If that were to happen, they would need some alternate method to contact you to send you a security code or to do a password reset.  You cannot use another Comcast email address to do that.  It has to be a non-Comcast address.  Or if you had a cell phone they can send you a code that way in a text message.  More and more email providers, and others, are now doing this for their customer's protection.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Here is where I get lost they ask you in question one what is your Preferred email? I answer with my @comcast.net they then tell me it can't be my PREFERRED EMAIL? That is my preferred email @comcast.net. My back-up email is of course off the comcast network and is @gmail.com but I do not want it my preferred email. Is there something my mind isn't understanding? Also thanks a bunch for you very helpful reply.

Email Expert

I agree it's confusing.  If you don't want to use the Gmail account, set up another free one from Yahoo, Mail.com, Outlook.com, or something else.  Then use that.  I have about 10 or 11 email accounts right now from Comcast, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, iCloud, and Mail.com.  I use them for any other account where you can use an alternate address.  I also use them for other purposes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Let's make this simple XFinity uses the word Preferred when signing up for this back-up that is the wrong word it needs to be my backup email not preferred. I don't want anything sent to go to my gmail account from Xfinity except as a backup when needed to access to access my preferred account at XFinity-Comcast. They are now sending advertisements and account information to my gmail backup account this is not my preferred email account.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation