Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Legit email going to spam folder

Regular Visitor

Legit email going to spam folder

When I send email from another address to my Comcast email address (xxxx@comcast.net) or to any of my friends at Comcast, it goes into my spam filter even though I have the sending address in my address book and repeatedly mark it not spam. If someone sends me an email from their Comcast address, it seems like I should be able to reply without calling them on the phone first to get them to jump through some kind of hoops to get my reply, and right now I don’t see anything I can tell them to do to keep my email from going to spam even if I did call them before sending. Some of my friends on Comcast use Outlook or other email clients where they may never access their Comcast address book or their spam folder.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Legit email going to spam folder

scourlas wrote: ... I have the sending address in my address book ...

Comcast does not look at the address book when they decide if something is spam, so that won't help.

Give Comcast Security Assurance a call and ask them to help you with this: 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Regular Visitor

Thank You BruceW.... I am in contact with them via PM and they are working on it....

Regular Visitor

Fixed!!!!!!!!! Not sure what the did but as of a little while ago everything is now working the way it should!!!!!!!!!

Gold Problem Solver

scourlas wrote: Fixed!!!!!!!!! Not sure what the did but as of a little while ago everything is now working the way it should!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear. Keep an eye on it, just in case!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation