Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is it possible to bulk save emails in a Comcast email account?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to bulk save emails in a Comcast email account?

I get all of my email through Comcast.net.  I don't use an email client (e.g. Outlook, etc.), I just sign onto Comcast.net and access my email that way, so it is not stored anywhere else or linked to any other websites.

Is there a simple way to bulk save my old Comcast emails so I don't have to spend time copying and pasting each one into a Word document to save?

My desktop computer runs Windows 7.

I'm not a technical person, so if additional information would be needed to answer this question, I'm not sure what would be needed but feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to bulk save emails in a Comcast email account?

Comcast email is webmail, just like Yahoo or Gmail.  There is no easy way to save it to your computer except by using a desktop client like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.

As to your question about keeping the account after you cancel service, up until now if you canceled service with Comcast, you would lose the email.  But the policy changed, and this was just posted by ComcastBrett a few days ago--------------------

So officially as of 04/12/16 Comcast will allow customers to keep their email address and service even if they discontinue or downgrade their XFINITY services. Former XFINITY Internet or Voice customer can still use their Comcast.net email address if they log into their account in the 90 days prior to disconnecting their service. Their email account will remain active as long as they access it at least once every nine months. Just like their primary email account, their secondary email accounts must also be accessed in the 90 days prior to disconnecting service in order to continue to use their Comcast email account. If both accounts were accessed, they can continue to use both Comcast.net email addresses as usual.

After a customer disconnects or downgrades their service, they can still access their email account via the methods below:

XFINITY Connect (online on your laptop or PC).

The XFINITY Connect app.

Third‐party email applications (smartphones, tablets, etc.).

After customers disconnect or downgrade their service, they will still have access to the following email

features:

Calendar.

Address book.

Managing settings and preferences within My Account.

Deactivating email accounts.

Changing an existing email address.

However, they will no longer have access to the following features:

Adding new email account(s).

Viewing Voice and Text Messaging tabs within XFINITY Connect or the XFINITY Connect app.

View answer in context
New Poster

I'm new to Comcast and to the email; so I'm no expert.

But won't the emails you receive at your comcast.net address be saved (for a very long time) unless you delete them...? I have emails I received at my yahoo address that are 15 years old.
Frequent Visitor

I'm cutting back the Internet part of my Comcast service and was told by the Comcast rep that once the Internet account is closed, the emails are gone.

Frequent Visitor

Since this is a Comcast forum, aren't there any Comcast techs who represent the company by posting here?

Email Expert

Comcast email is webmail, just like Yahoo or Gmail.  There is no easy way to save it to your computer except by using a desktop client like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.

As to your question about keeping the account after you cancel service, up until now if you canceled service with Comcast, you would lose the email.  But the policy changed, and this was just posted by ComcastBrett a few days ago--------------------

So officially as of 04/12/16 Comcast will allow customers to keep their email address and service even if they discontinue or downgrade their XFINITY services. Former XFINITY Internet or Voice customer can still use their Comcast.net email address if they log into their account in the 90 days prior to disconnecting their service. Their email account will remain active as long as they access it at least once every nine months. Just like their primary email account, their secondary email accounts must also be accessed in the 90 days prior to disconnecting service in order to continue to use their Comcast email account. If both accounts were accessed, they can continue to use both Comcast.net email addresses as usual.

After a customer disconnects or downgrades their service, they can still access their email account via the methods below:

XFINITY Connect (online on your laptop or PC).

The XFINITY Connect app.

Third‐party email applications (smartphones, tablets, etc.).

After customers disconnect or downgrade their service, they will still have access to the following email

features:

Calendar.

Address book.

Managing settings and preferences within My Account.

Deactivating email accounts.

Changing an existing email address.

However, they will no longer have access to the following features:

Adding new email account(s).

Viewing Voice and Text Messaging tabs within XFINITY Connect or the XFINITY Connect app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi, Latoque,

Wow, what a helpful post!  Thank you so much!

I currently access my Comcast email directly (without a client) by going to Xfinity.com and signing into my email account.  I see in your post it says that after a customer disconnects their service they can still access their email account on a laptop or PC via XFINITY Connect.  Is XFINITY Connect the Xfinity.com website or something different?

Again, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Also, thank you for the clarification on this forum.  I didn't realize it was a customer-to-customer forum.  That's very kind of you to help non-technical people like me.  :-)

Email Expert

Xfinity Connect is a catch-all term Comcast uses to describe the group of features which includes the email, address book, calendar, and voicemail and texting if you have their telephone service.  There is also a mobile version of it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Latoque, again, thank you very much.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation