Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Information in email list

ANSWERED
New Poster

Information in email list

When I look at the list of emails on the Comcast server, nothing in the list tells me an email has an attachment when it does. Is there some setting that places a symbol on emails that have attachments? If so, where is the setting; I can't find anything that does that.

Accepted Solution

Re: Information in email list

I'm guessing you have the view set to have the reading pane to the right on the Inbox page.  I usually do too, and in that view no icon for an attachment will appear.  However, if you click on "View" in the toolbar, and then set the view to either putting the reading pane at the bottom, or turning it off, you will see a little paperclip icon to the left of the messasge title in the list.  

You will also see it if you switch to the Lite version of Xfinity Connect from the default Full version.  To do that, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>>>>Version.  Make the switch and bo back to Email.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Service Expert

On the bar that includes From, right click and put a check next to Attachment.  FWIW, you can also drag the columns to whatever order you'd like.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

There is no bar with "From" on it. There is the usual list of e-mails in the Inbox and who they're from, but I can still find no option to put some kind of symbol in that listing that indicates which messages have attachments. E.g., in Windows Live Mail, that symbol is a paper clip.

Email Expert

Are you using a desktop or laptop computer, or a tablet or what?  Are you using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or only the Comcast webmail?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Am using both a desktop and a laptop. Current e-mail client is Windows Live Mail, but I'm thinking about dumping it and using Comcast web mail. But the latter does NOT indicate in the list of e-mails which ones have attachments. WLM does; puts a litte paper-clip symbol next to the e-mail in the list. If Comcast web mail has no way of indicating whether or not an e-mail has an attachment WITHOUT having to open it to see if it does, I won't use it.

Email Expert

I'm guessing you have the view set to have the reading pane to the right on the Inbox page.  I usually do too, and in that view no icon for an attachment will appear.  However, if you click on "View" in the toolbar, and then set the view to either putting the reading pane at the bottom, or turning it off, you will see a little paperclip icon to the left of the messasge title in the list.  

You will also see it if you switch to the Lite version of Xfinity Connect from the default Full version.  To do that, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>>>>Version.  Make the switch and bo back to Email.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Switching the preview pane to the bottom did the trick. . . although I don't know why the programmers could not also put the paper clip in the right-pane view (which I prefer). Also tried the "Lite" version. While it provide a VERY deep list of the e-mails, it doesn't provide any preview; have to click on each e-mail in the list to see it. So I went back to the "Full" version.

You've been very helpful. Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation